Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tire Information needed please!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #21
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...res-tires.html

find one you like there and read up on em. youve already identified the two tires most of tw uses tho.

generally, youll get better wear life with an all terrain tire over a mud tire.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
Swank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
Swank's Tacoma Gallery
https://www.treadwright.com/p-55-285...dog-m-t-d.aspx

I have 265/70/16 on it now, and these are 285/75/16.. would the difference between the 70 & 75 make or break the deal?
Can't find any tires i really like in 285/70/16
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #24
biglinc is on a distinguished road

Name: linc
biglinc's Tacoma Gallery
I have the mud gaurds on the rear of my work van and they wair quickly , and are squirl going down the road, I had one that the tread separate , I called them and they sent me a new tire , I had it within 48hrs, so its a pretty good company to deal with , on my tacoma I have 285/75/16 hankook m/t's on my 2007 dc with a 3" spacer lift , I installed husky front flaps and they clear them, I have no rubbing at all even with the plow on it , the wheels I am using are vision / warror wheels 16x8 backspace is 4.46 , I would post a pick if I could figure it out?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #25
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
Swank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
Swank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglinc View Post
I have the mud gaurds on the rear of my work van and they wair quickly , and are squirl going down the road, I had one that the tread separate , I called them and they sent me a new tire , I had it within 48hrs, so its a pretty good company to deal with , on my tacoma I have 285/75/16 hankook m/t's on my 2007 dc with a 3" spacer lift , I installed husky front flaps and they clear them, I have no rubbing at all even with the plow on it , the wheels I am using are vision / warror wheels 16x8 backspace is 4.46 , I would post a pick if I could figure it out?
Thanks for the info! I think i should be okay running 285/75/16 then
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
DBroman3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
DBroman3's Tacoma Gallery
Swanks, I'm looking into the ready lift. Did you lift the rear at all? If not, are you level?