Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Learned something about our door locks today

Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #41
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Get a plastic credit card key made. After purchasing my truck the dealership sent the thing in the mail and had me come in to get it cut. It's only good for the door incase i lock the keys inside...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #42
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #43
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
I was hoping it would re-lock itself after pushing the unlock button. Haven't tested it yet.

I miss the anti-lockout feature of my 6th gen civic. If the driver's door was open, and the lock button pushed, it would unlock the door. To lock the door and shut it, the outside handle had to be lifted before pushing down the lock plunger; a very deliberate act. I usually just shut the door and locked it with the key.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #44
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
I miss the anti-lockout feature of my 6th gen civic. If the driver's door was open, and the lock button pushed, it would unlock the door. To lock the door and shut it, the outside handle had to be lifted before pushing down the lock plunger; a very deliberate act. I usually just shut the door and locked it with the key.
My '76 Datsun p/u, and I'm pretty sure my '94 Toyota, could not be locked at the plunger unless the door was closed.

I haven't checked the power locks on my wife's Rav4, but on the '07 Exploder and '08 4-Runner company cars I had, you could not lock the doors with either the remote or the door switch with the doors open.

My '08 Tacoma DOES allow me to lock the doors from the lever inside with the door open (base model, no power).
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #45
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Get a plastic credit card key made. After purchasing my truck the dealership sent the thing in the mail and had me come in to get it cut. It's only good for the door incase i lock the keys inside...
I'm guessing that was a dealer specific deal as when I went to get a spare the option for a plastic credit card key was not available. Wish it was as those things are handy!