1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 TRD DCSB 4x4 programming options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JoCoQS, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Jan 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    JoCoQS

JoCoQS [OP] This until I can afford a REAL truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Cherokee
    Let me first say that I am truly amazed at the knowledge some of the members on TC demonstrate about the Taco. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about vehicles but I'm sure that's due to my age and experience having worked on my own cars my whole life. Be that as it may I bow to the knowledge of some of the human-computers on this site.
    FWIW I went to a fairly local dealership (the only one with good customer service I've found in my area) and had one of the service managers plug in a laptop computer to see exactly what items were programmable. I wanted to program the key FOB to open all the doors with a single click but, alas, such was not meant to be. I had several items I wanted to change: key FOB door unlock, chime(s) volume levels, and interior light time delay when unlocking doors. According to the service manager the only programmable items on the 2012 Tacoma (mine at least) are the seat belt chimes (on/off) and the speedometer depictions (american-mph or metric-kph). That was it. According to the service manager. Now I wait for one of the intellectuals on this site to explain to a novice how to adjust the items I would like to change. This is my first Toyota truck (previously owned an FJC) and so far am very pleased. Just wish (and think) many items that aren't programmable should be programmable.
    Also struggling between an ICON 3" lift and an RCD 4.5" lift. Such a lift would be used 65% onroad and 35% offroad. Would also like to upgrade to either 285/70x17 or 33.11.5-17 tires. Currently running 265/70-16 tires, BFG's and I think these OEM tires are junk.
    Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. Jan 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    REDLARIAT

REDLARIAT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Pikeville, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2012 Green TRD Sport w/ Chrome Wheels
    ARE bed cover, Chrome step bars, Tinted windows, Bull bar, Painted front spoiler, Chrome fog light rings, Chrome handle covers, TRD exhaust tip, TRD brake light cover, Custom hitch plug, Leather seats, Heated seats, Wood trim, Custom gun mount
    You can pick the color of your temp and compass display in the mirror using the compass and power buttons lol

3. Jan 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
  4. Jan 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    JoCoQS

JoCoQS [OP] This until I can afford a REAL truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Cherokee
    You are most certainly correct about changing the compass and temp readout color. Because I'm getting old I changed mine to blue since it seems to have the most contrast and stands out best to me. Still wish I could program those other items though. :mad:

5. Feb 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    bardicstorm

bardicstorm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Morris County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '12 AC TRD Off Road 4x4
    OME 886x over OME 90000 shocks Front, OME N182 and Dakar Leaf Pack Rear, Light Racing UCAs, Pelfrybuilt Front Plate Bumper w/ Hoop, 265/75/R16 Duratracs on SCS F-5 Wheels, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Liners
    So, somehow on the day I got the truck, I missed this while playing with all the buttons. So, as soon as I read this, I went out to change from green to blue. What's interesting is that while you can change the color of the temp and compass readout, the icy road indicator (when below 34 degrees) is still green.

:rolleyes:

6. Feb 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    MikeyMcFly

MikeyMcFly This is heavy, Doc.

Member:
    I'm a Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road 6MT / 1999 Corvette 6MT
    Building a Broja
    Wow...I totally didn't know that, and I even read the manual when I bought the truck. I know what I'm doing first thing tomorrow.

Products Discussed in

To Top