Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 TRD DCSB 4x4 programming options

Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
redinKS is on a distinguished road

Name: Kelly
redinKS's Tacoma Gallery
2012 TRD DCSB 4x4 programming options

Let me first say that I am truly amazed at the knowledge some of the members on TC demonstrate about the Taco. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about vehicles but I'm sure that's due to my age and experience having worked on my own cars my whole life. Be that as it may I bow to the knowledge of some of the human-computers on this site.
FWIW I went to a fairly local dealership (the only one with good customer service I've found in my area) and had one of the service managers plug in a laptop computer to see exactly what items were programmable. I wanted to program the key FOB to open all the doors with a single click but, alas, such was not meant to be. I had several items I wanted to change: key FOB door unlock, chime(s) volume levels, and interior light time delay when unlocking doors. According to the service manager the only programmable items on the 2012 Tacoma (mine at least) are the seat belt chimes (on/off) and the speedometer depictions (american-mph or metric-kph). That was it. According to the service manager. Now I wait for one of the intellectuals on this site to explain to a novice how to adjust the items I would like to change. This is my first Toyota truck (previously owned an FJC) and so far am very pleased. Just wish (and think) many items that aren't programmable should be programmable.
Also struggling between an ICON 3" lift and an RCD 4.5" lift. Such a lift would be used 65% onroad and 35% offroad. Would also like to upgrade to either 285/70x17 or 33.11.5-17 tires. Currently running 265/70-16 tires, BFG's and I think these OEM tires are junk.
Thanks for any ideas.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
You can pick the color of your temp and compass display in the mirror using the compass and power buttons lol
Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
redinKS is on a distinguished road

Name: Kelly
redinKS's Tacoma Gallery
Touché

You are most certainly correct about changing the compass and temp readout color. Because I'm getting old I changed mine to blue since it seems to have the most contrast and stands out best to me. Still wish I could program those other items though.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think as much is known about using a scantool to configure 2012+ trucks as earlier models, but if you want to play with it yourself, start googling or PM me.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
bardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shedbardicstorm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
bardicstorm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLARIAT View Post
You can pick the color of your temp and compass display in the mirror using the compass and power buttons lol
So, somehow on the day I got the truck, I missed this while playing with all the buttons. So, as soon as I read this, I went out to change from green to blue. What's interesting is that while you can change the color of the temp and compass readout, the icy road indicator (when below 34 degrees) is still green.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLARIAT View Post
Wow...I totally didn't know that, and I even read the manual when I bought the truck. I know what I'm doing first thing tomorrow.