Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DIY Hi-Lift and Tool Mounts

Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #21
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Looks pretty good.
Just wondering with the wieght of the jack and no fixed point on the bottom of the mount, does the jack shake or bounce around at all? or vibrate against the box?
There's almost no movement/play on the mounts. The 1" bend braces it against the lip, or edge, of the bed itself. That coupled with the t-slot nuts make for a pretty sturdy mount.

Most of the rail-type mounts I've seen don't require a lower attachment point, with the exception of the HiLift one.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
I will most likely be going ahead with this than.
Thanks for the write up.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up! This should be stickied.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #24
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
cool, thanks for info, GL with ur mount!
No problem man. Good luck with yours too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
I will most likely be going ahead with this than.
Thanks for the write up.
Do it..it's cheap and pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Nice write up! This should be stickied.
Thanks chilidog! Check out my other write-ups too. They're linked in my build page.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
Blouder is on a distinguished road
Blouder's Tacoma Gallery
Benson, sweeta$$ job and write up!
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #26
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Subd good write up OP
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #27
...and we're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blouder View Post
Benson, sweeta$$ job and write up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Subd good write up OP
Thanks guys! I just finished my T-Mount yesterday, so I just need to paint the mounts and then I will take more pictures and possibly include instructions/dimensions for the addtl. mounts I built.

Total spent: under $70 for everything (including the Quick Fists)
Mounts Built: Hi-Lift mount, combination Shovel & Axe mount, T-Mount for my Mag-Light, Fire Extinguisher, and Hatchet.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
...and we're back!

It turned out good...it's exactly how I pictured it in my head.

Just need to add a bottom brace for the fire extinguisher (the Quick-Fist holds it fine, but just to be safe) and I'm gonna Plasti-Dip the bottom 45° bend on each mount after painting for added protection and cushioning. I will actually be using Plasti-Dip for it's intended purpose
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
lol, it's nice when things turn out the way you planned it, i'm pretty sure nothing turns out as nice as it did in my head, i've found the more i work on my truck the more i mess it up
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
just wanted to say, i'm sure a lot of members, including myself, thank you for your time in putting up the diy's and also for being so helpful!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #35
...and we're back!

NP man, thanks for the good feedback! I really enjoy it. I feel kind of like a tech doing write-ups for a magazine publication, but with out the getting paid part.

Either way, I like to do mods, I'm frugal, I enjoy building things, and I have very limited tools and resources, so usually I have to get creative with some things. Sometimes it works - other times it doesn't.

I would like to get into ACTUAL fabrication and metal work though. I really want to build my own armor (skids, bumpers, tire-carrier etc.). That's where the real fun and expertise is at.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #37
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
I have two of the large quick fists that came with my bestop. Any idea what else I could use them for besides an exstinguisher?

(Previous owner used the large ones to secure the butt stocks of rifles/shotguns)