LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

DIY Hi-Lift and Tool Mounts

Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #81
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDtres View Post
I really want to thank the OP for this awesome write up. Upon fabbing these up I did run into a little problem with soft topper camper and the mounts for the canopy do not allow proper mechanical usage of my topper. I simply drilled my Hi-lift mounting holes 3/4" lower than listed above and everything fit nicely. Also, I see great benefit to using these types of mounts through out the bed rail system. I ended up cranking out a few extra of these mounts for my brothers taco. Thanks again!
NP man! Glad you found it useful and were able to modify it to work with your soft-topper. Good on you for making some your your bro too!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #84
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
Nice! No need for quik-fists when you can just drill it!

Did you use my mount dimensions? just curious if they are working for people, or if any revisions/modifications are necessary (like what RDtres noted).
I used your drilling dimensions and no problems.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #85
Dogs & cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post

Looks good, but don't the holes weaken the handles? I've broken ax and shovel handles before, and they didn't have holes drilled through them.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #86
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Looks good, but don't the holes weaken the handles? I've broken ax and shovel handles before, and they didn't have holes drilled through them.
They probably do. I don't use them daily and will probably not need them for 90% of the time I go camping. I do want to find a way to keep the sheath on the axe. I might just take some of my Wet Okole neoprene and make a boot for it.

I don't live in the best of neighborhoods so I thought it would take a dipshit with no education longer to figure out how to unscrew a wing nut then to disconnect a quick fist. That is also why i mounted them in the front and not on the side. Its easy for 1 individual to just reach over and take it. At least this way if it's one person they would need to either walk around or get in the bed.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #87
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
09Tacomania's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up!!!! I cant seem to locate the T-slot nut's. I searched through this thread and saw that someone else asked also. Where did you get those ? Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Tacomania View Post
Nice write up!!!! I cant seem to locate the T-slot nut's. I searched through this thread and saw that someone else asked also. Where did you get those ? Thanks
There should be a link on the OPs first post.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #89
To Be Continued...
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Tacomania View Post
Quote:
There should be a link on the OPs first post.
^^^thanks for the quick reply

Each of the parts listed is a hyperlink...I make my write-ups legit yo
Old 04-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #90
09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed09Tacomania is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice job! I must have overlooked them.......just ordered a half a dozen. Thanks again
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #93

I found out the hard way.....lol one extra trip back to the vice. Didnt want to sound like a bitch after overlooking t-nut link. Here's a finish pic. Drill dimensions worked out fine. Thanks again
Old 04-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #94
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing job!!! Rep added
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #95

Quote:

Update: I didn't use Tslot nuts in the rails and just used bigger nuts that would catch and they are holding up fine. I was afraid of them slowly becoming loose but a month later and 2 small wheeling trips and daily driving and they are still snug. I did use foam fender washers and a small amount of blue Locktite though.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #96
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Just check the bolts/nuts once in a while. Great project because it does not require a machine shop to build these.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #97
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I built and painted mine on friday, Plasti Dipped them on sunday, and installed them on Monday. Great write up if was fun and easy! My high lift-extreme was a bit too long so I chopped off 3.375 inches and now it fits perfectly in my short bed. All I used to cut it was a hacksaw and a truck load of elbow grease.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #98
To Be Continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
I built and painted mine on friday, Plasti Dipped them on sunday, and installed them on Monday. Great write up if was fun and easy! My high lift-extreme was a bit too long so I chopped off 3.375 inches and now it fits perfectly in my short bed. All I used to cut it was a hacksaw and a truck load of elbow grease.

Looks great man! Thanks for posting your pics and review. Glad to help out
Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #100
Buck717 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Buck717's Tacoma Gallery
I just used 3, 1/2 inch carriage bolts, washers, and wing nuts. Anti seize of course. Just pull the end cap on the rail and slide them in. Slide easier angled down a bit. Solid hold.

Sry. 3 1/2 long by 1/2 wide carriage bolts.

DIY Hi-Lift and Tool Mounts-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367744404.696612.jpg

DIY Hi-Lift and Tool Mounts-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367744423.098991.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread