Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Noob question

Old 01-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Noob question

Just took my new to me 06 DCSB out. Got the 4Lo to engage, but not sure about the locker. Should the diff lock light flash while engaged? The ABS light came on which I understand to be normal, but I expected the diff lock indicator to be on steady when engaged proper.

Am I thinking correctly? Is there a way to check that the locker engages?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
The light should go solid when engaged. Flashing means it's not engaged, or at least it thinks it's not engaged. You should be able to hear the actuator.

There are some threads around here on how to check and repair it but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

ETA: Read through this, it tells you a lot about how it works.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rd-member.html
Old 01-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
One of the threads I was trying to find just popped to the top of this page!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-into-4lo.html
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

I'll crawl under there this week.