1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats the deal with TSB's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by error_repair, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Feb 4, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    error_repair

error_repair [OP] Member

Member:
    Just north of Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma TRD 4x4 DC Automatic
    nothing yet
    OK Fellas. Keep in mind while I am typing this I am extremely pissed off :(

The basics

2008 TACOMA DC 4x4 TRD SPORT Auto

In cold weather this truck has a hard time starting. It has to turn over about 20-30 times before it starts if at all. There is a TSB for Intermittent Cold Start problems. SO I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't replicate the problem so they didn't do anything. What gives If a customer complains why dont they just fix it?

Also I have a problem with payload apacity I had about 700 lbs of flooring in the back and the truck has a very harsh ride and was completely bottomed out. So I complained to the dealer. They said they couldn't replicate the issue. So I asked them if they loaded the truck with weight? IE a couple of mechanics in the back and they said no. Well DUh! What gives?

Am I asking to much?

2. Feb 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Best thing might be is call the 1800 # or show up with alot of weight on the bed. But i will be going in for my rough start it goes but shuts off crazy.

3. Feb 4, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    I too have the start up problem. I took it in and showed them the tsb but they would not budge on it since it didnt include my year which sucks. i learned to live with it.

4. Feb 4, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    Notty

Notty Well-Known Member

Member:
    5Twenty
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s OME887 Deaver AAL BAMF CMC ECGS Bearing Replacement Sprint Booster
    I never let the dealer "investigate" a problem for me. I bring in the truck and replicate it for them so there is no question. I know that is kind of hard to do with the cold start issue. But with the harsh ride/bottoming out issue, you need to put 400+ pounds in the back and take it to them and show them how it is riding the bump stops. Then show them the manual or specifications where it says what the load capacity of the truck is and how it does not perform as advertised! That should leave no room for the dealer to deny the issue!

Products Discussed in

To Top