Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do I have XM radio?

Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
orrainmaker is on a distinguished road
orrainmaker's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have XM radio?

Recently purchased 2009 Double cab Tacoma. Noticed the AM/SAT button on the radio. Tried to get to the SAT, but nothing happens. Does this mean I don't have that option?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
You may be able to get XM/Sirus if you have sat ant on roof of your truck, and subscription. Not all trucks came with ant on roof, but radio has button for it.

my 2006 Lexus IS 250 has button for Sat, but no ant. So not an option, unless I add ant.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
orrainmaker is on a distinguished road
orrainmaker's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick replies. According to the manual, the antenna is on the front right bumper. I didn't see it, but I could be missing it. When I press the SAT button it doesn't even go to SAT, just stays at the AM radio. I'm guessing I don't have it.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrainmaker View Post
Thanks for the quick replies. According to the manual, the antenna is on the front right bumper.

That antenna is for the regular radio. The SAT antenna (factory) will be at the rear of the roof in the form of a square patch for your year Taco.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Yours is just satellite "ready"....didn't come with the antenna/tuner if it just goes to AM when you press the button. If you had it, it would try and tune and then tell you need a subscription or whatever to listen.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #6
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
You're truck is pre wired for sat radio. You have to buy the receiver from a Toyota dealer. Then that plugs into the jacks in the driver side kick panel its very easy to hook up.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
HDDUDE1 is on a distinguished road
HDDUDE1's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck is sat. ready you will need to subscribe to Sirius Xm the cost for basic service is around $15.00 month [unless you catch a special] Might see if they will give you a 30 day free subscription. Once you got sat. you wont go back to air radio.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
MWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of lightMWall is a glorious beacon of light
Air Force:
Name: Mark
MWall's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDUDE1 View Post
If your truck is sat. ready you will need to subscribe to Sirius Xm the cost for basic service is around $15.00 month [unless you catch a special] Might see if they will give you a 30 day free subscription. Once you got sat. you wont go back to air radio.

Try to get a deal... I have a lifetime subscription I paid three hundred bucks for about four years ago! If you press them they'll give you a couple months free. I haven't listened to regular radio since 2006
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
HDDUDE1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, lifetime subscription you must have got that back a few years when Sirius was on its own and strapped for cash. Since combining with XM radio to form Sirius XM the company has made major advances, and just resently was taken over by Liberty Media.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow, lifetime subscription you must have got that back a few years when Sirius was on its own and strapped for cash. Since combining with XM radio to form Sirius XM the company has made major advances, and just resently was taken over by Liberty Media.
I have it too. I think I paid $350.00 for the lifetime.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWall View Post
Try to get a deal... I have a lifetime subscription I paid three hundred bucks for about four years ago! If you press them they'll give you a couple months free. I haven't listened to regular radio since 2006
Yep I got that lifetime membership on both cars about 4 years ago,took the factory antenna off don't use it.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
HDDUDE1's Tacoma Gallery
Will the lifetime transfer should you trade rides. Curious as a subscriber myself and a shareholder in Sirius Xm the past five years.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will the lifetime transfer should you trade rides. Curious as a subscriber myself and a shareholder in Sirius Xm the past five years.

Good question, my buddy has the lifetime sub activated 3 years ago. I'll ask him, but I don't think it works like that.

Nowadays, S/XM does not offer lifetime plans. I asked last year when subscribing my radio.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...09-tacoma.html

Everything you need for Sirius in your 09. And you can transfer subscriptions from one radio to another, you just change the radio Id online.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
TieDie
Tiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the roughTiedie is a jewel in the rough

Tiedie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes they will let you transfer for a fee.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
HDDUDE1's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know, thanks for the info.