Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

EGR Bugshield seems to rub?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Asian Guy With A Tacoma
driven_ is on a distinguished road

driven_'s Tacoma Gallery
EGR Bugshield seems to rub?

eh. so i recent got the EGR bugshield and installed it on my taco.
anywho.
after installing it.
it appears to seem like its rubbing.
anyone have an EGR bugshield?
also does anyone know a way to prevent it from rubbing.
sorry im still new to the automotive world.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same exact shield and absolutely no rubbing. Where does is appear to be rubbing? Underneath or on top? Are the screw anchors correctly aligned in the underneath mounting holes? Is the shield maybe warped and rubbing on top?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Asian Guy With A Tacoma

driven_'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman767 View Post
I have the same exact shield and absolutely no rubbing. Where does is appear to be rubbing? Underneath or on top? Are the screw anchors correctly aligned in the underneath mounting holes? Is the shield maybe warped and rubbing on top?

right at the edge of the hood where the plastic curves right from under the hood to the ouside.
and i tried to pull it out as far as i could.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If all the fasteners are down tight and assuming your hood is not misaligned or damaged; I would call the vendor where you purchased it and advise them of the situation. Have you noticed if the pre-drilled holes underneath the shield are aligned properly? I couldn't really tell from your pic.. but does the rt side where it's rubbing seem to be stretching tighter to the hood than the left side? If so, and the pre-drilled holes are aligned correctly, than it sounds like maybe you have a slightly warped shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
right at the edge of the hood where the plastic curves right from under the hood to the ouside.
and i tried to pull it out as far as i could.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
Asian Guy With A Tacoma

driven_'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman767 View Post
If all the fasteners are down tight and assuming your hood is not misaligned or damaged; I would call the vendor where you purchased it and advise them of the situation. Have you noticed if the pre-drilled holes underneath the shield are aligned properly? I couldn't really tell from your pic.. but does the rt side where it's rubbing seem to be stretching tighter to the hood than the left side? If so, and the pre-drilled holes are aligned correctly, than it sounds like maybe you have a slightly warped shield.
yeah i'll go ask the guy about it. but thanks for helping
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #6

No problem...let me know what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven_ View Post
yeah i'll go ask the guy about it. but thanks for helping