Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

mud tires

Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
willcarlton is on a distinguished road
willcarlton's Tacoma Gallery
mud tires

Hey peeps just looking for a nice set of mud tires for my taco an I want a nice set of mud tires but also inexpensive to..so help me out what is some good mud tires out her...265/75/16
Old 01-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Look at Treadwright.com, I just bought a set of Guard Dogs and love them.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
willcarlton is on a distinguished road
willcarlton's Tacoma Gallery
tires

Thanks man but on that site what does the d an e stand for when you are looking at them.....I really like both mud tires they make they just don't have road noise review how loud are urs
Old 01-28-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
The d and e are your load range.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
The d and e are your load range.
^ This

Load range determines the number of Plys there are in the sidewall...load range C and D are good for our trucks, with load range E being a little too firm. That said there are plenty of people that run the load range E also...

As for cheap...good mud tires aren't cheap...if they are, the probabally aren't the best tire to put on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcarlton View Post
Hey peeps just looking for a nice set of mud tires for my taco an I want a nice set of mud tires but also inexpensive to..so help me out what is some good mud tires out her...265/75/16
Good all around mud tires?

I'd go with BFG Mud Terrain KM2's. they aren't as expensive as some, but more expensive than others. I've never seen or heard anything it good comments about them (other than winter driving, which you shouldn't be running mud terrains in anyways)

If you're going for looks over functionality, check out GoodYear Duratrac's. they're an all terrain that looks like a mud terrain.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have E load on mine and there not too bad. hopefully they last a little longer?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
aaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shedaaronbuell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: aaron
aaronbuell's Tacoma Gallery
My Guard Dogs have a noticeable hum inside the truck nothing that bothers me. People say that they sound like a school bus outside the truck.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #8

All mud tires will have some sort of humm. Don't bother me I like the humm you can hear me coming
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbuell View Post
I notice that deer run like hell.
I swear I thought the same thing
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcarlton View Post
Thanks man but on that site what does the d an e stand for when you are looking at them.....I really like both mud tires they make they just don't have road noise review how loud are urs
Well I know they're under there thats for sure! lol
Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
If you want cheap mud tires, go to your local farmers coop...they should have a good selection.

On the other hand, mud tires are terrible for daily driving in the street.

Howard
Old 01-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Discount accidently put 10 ply Goodyear MTRs on my 09. These are a great tire if you need a stout one. They let me run them for almost a month. Talk about some hummers. I have ran many mud tires over the years and these were up there in hum. That is what you pay for agressiveness. They said I could keep them for the same price at the load range C Duramax that they were supposed to install. The Duramax rides a better and does not hum. By the way I tested my MPGs with the 10 ply because of all that I have read about the bad mileage. I got 20.7 running down the hwy at 75.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #14
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
Discount accidently put 10 ply Goodyear MTRs on my 09. These are a great tire if you need a stout one. They let me run them for almost a month. Talk about some hummers. I have ran many mud tires over the years and these were up there in hum. That is what you pay for agressiveness. They said I could keep them for the same price at the load range C Duramax that they were supposed to install. The Duramax rides a better and does not hum. By the way I tested my MPGs with the 10 ply because of all that I have read about the bad mileage. I got 20.7 running down the hwy at 75.
So where do you go mudding in Rockwall? at the shopping mall or along I-30?
Old 01-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I front of the new court house. Not really. I do not go looking for mud these days but do have to deal with it at hunting leases.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I front of the new court house. Not really. I do not go looking for mud these days but do have to deal with it at hunting leases.

Oh...a PLAY truck. I used to live in Canton and we used mud tires to go play in the fields with. Too much of the land is fenced up there.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #18

I use to play in the mud but not so much now. As far as load ratings and plus are concerned. Most Es are 10 ply. On Cs (all you really need on Taco) I have seen a lot of variation. Kumhos I put on my sons Ford were 8 ply total. I believe the Duramax are 5. Wrote an email to Goodyear but got run around on why they are less than cheaper tires. I think it has something to do with construction
Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Straight mud, KM2's have good reviews. Look at Cooper S/T Maxx for better than A/T, but without the noise, and better on-road manners than M/T's. I like mine, so far. They have a hum, about the same volume as wind noise, handled well on ice, snow, and mud, but they don't corner as well as an A/T, but are better otherwise.