Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover

Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
NuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NuTacoma18's Tacoma Gallery
Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover

I have to say that this is one excellent cover and Scott at TruckAddons.com really gave me an excellent deal. I did install a manual pop & lock handle with the cover, but as everyone knows due to the ease of this cover come on and off within minutes, it has a security flaw on the last section next to the tailgate. With a little pressure you can lift the end of the cover and get your hands underneath to pull the levers and walk away with the cover. What I did was add two quick tie down straps from Home Depot ($20.00 +Tax) and place one end on the D-Rings and the other end on the corner cover brackets. Take a look at the attached. This is just some extra security for those that would like to fully lock the bed down from intruders. You cannot lift this cover now.
Attached Thumbnails
Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover-pop-lock-handle.jpg   Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover-tie-downs.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Do you have anymore pictures of the cover its self? IS this one of those that fold up against the back window?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
NuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNuTacoma18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No this is not the one that folds up against the windo. I believe that is the Extang hard cover. This is the soft Tonneau. Here are some pics. It folds all the way to the last section and clips in. There is no longer a crease in the middle where you can see it lifted in the pics. This was right after install and it has now smoothed out. Took only a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover-side-pic.jpg   Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover-angle-pic.jpg   Extra Security - EXTANG Trifecta Cover-rear-pic.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I just got the same cover from Scott.
I loved it on my 2006, so I bought another for my 2013.
Great idea with the straps too. Gonna do it now.
Where did you get your pop n lock from?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #5

I got the pop and lock from truckalterations.com for $51.00 shipped. Chepaest price you will find outside of a group buy. I got the tie down straps from Home Depot for $20 buck. Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
NEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedNEAScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
NEAScott's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting fix for the situation OP. Quick for when its needed, easy to stash when not.

I have the PL5300 locks for $51 as well for anyone reading the thread.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #7

Scott I wish I would have gotten the lock from you when I ordered the cover. My bad as I never asked. If anyone is going to make a purchase, Scott is the one you want to do business with.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTacoma18 View Post
Scott I wish I would have gotten the lock from you when I ordered the cover. My bad as I never asked. If anyone is going to make a purchase, Scott is the one you want to do business with.
Ordered.
I shouldda done the same.
Thanks guys!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I installed a pop and lock on my 05..best thing ever!