Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Halo headlights

Old 01-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
DannyH77 is on a distinguished road
DannyH77's Tacoma Gallery
Halo headlights

Hey what's up guys, so I drive a white extended cab pre runner and my headlight went out today. I've been wanting to get some hid's but the problem is my headlights I have now are really badly oxidized, I've gone through all the cleaners and stuff but nothing's working. So, I've been thinking about buying new headlights with housing and everything and just getting rid of the ones I have. I've been looking at the halo headlights and they look really good. Ive been lookin online but im kinda lost on good brands, prices, and how bright to get. Any tips or help with a good place to buy them or any other suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofits are nice, but pricy and a lot of work.
Check out www.theretrofitsource.com you can get retros with halos, but its DIY install.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Check out www.theretrofitsource.com you can get retros with halos, but its DIY install.
Now would the retrofit just replace the "guts" of the headlights or the whole thing? Cause I basically just want to throw away the ones I have in there and buy completely new headlights.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Id suggest trs also, but the ones you might be looking at are called Spyder's. If you want to do retros you could go with the d2s or even the H1 kit. Neither of those require cutting. If you want to also you can look at rockauto.com. They have headlights that are $46 a side.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
I would say you have 3 options depending on quality desired.

1. From the research i have done these are the best quality and look of the low end projector/halo headlights. The light outsput doesnt give a good light pattern but still better that stock, and the halo's will prob expire after a year or 2 if your lucky.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AFNT0Y50NCTGS

2. These are next best up in quality (from research not personal experience) They are from a company that does a "retrofit" for you. Not as good of quality of TRS's retrofits but a lot better than the ones listed above,
http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tacoma-...+halo+retrofit

3. These would be the highest quality and best for your money. But you are also looking to replace your headlights. There are aftermarket headlights on Ebay for around $100 that you could do it with. I'm about to get the H1 mini's with LED halos, and from what i have read the installation is pretty easy.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Hope this helps!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #6
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Found these for $83! and from what i've herd, as long as you seal them good they are good headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Thanks guys! Lots of help.