Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

release bearing? throwout?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
blastoff is on a distinguished road
blastoff's Tacoma Gallery
release bearing? throwout?

Check out the video. It seems more chattery than squeaky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkczyddkAKQ Can anyone confirm the sound?

I have a powertrain warranty with the car dealer where I purchased the truck. Problem is... they're a dodge dealer. Any ideas if I'm better off bringing it to another shop? Or maybe just buying the parts and having the Dodge dealer do the work?

This seems awfully pricey, but if it fixes it for a while, I would be ok with it.

http://pdmusa1.com/tsk1subarubaja200...9-5-1-1-1.aspx
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Kurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shedKurdain is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kurdain's Tacoma Gallery
I am at work so I can't view the video, but the clutch is NOT part of the power train, at least that is what I was told.

However there are TSB's out about squeaking clutch pedal and squeaking throw-out bearing. In fact I just had my bearing fixed and it IS covered under T-SB-0365-10 and it states that this particular issue is covered under the power train warranty.

Does the squeak go away when you rest your foot on the clutch or even press it down slightly?

I'd go to a Toyota dealer, they will be far more familiar with TSB's than elsewhere. Check the stipulations on your warranty with your current dealer in case there is some cause that prevents you from doing so.