Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEater View Post
I have a hard time believing that your oil broke down due to a turbocharger, unless you had some kind of faulty turbo....
Yeap, it did, Blackstone did the testing in 2007/2008. It happened. That's fine if you do not believe me but I have not lied on this forum.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
Six lugs of fury!
I will try yo find the analysis and I will post the data.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my truck used at 65,000. I don't know the history of the oil/ changes but I'm just running toyota oil and filters. The oil is changed every 3000 miles ( by me ) or how many months its been sence changed last. I don't put a lot of mile on my rig and I won't let the same oil sit in the engine for a year cause that's about the mileage I do about 5,000.

I'm prob wasting money changing it every 6 months or around there but with only 2,500 miles. To me oil gets contaminated etc. I don't do a lot of commute traffic but stop and go sucks on your engine.
In my case the toyota oil is cheaper for my application. Synthetic is a great oil lots of people swear by it.

Thanks

Brett
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #24
DirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtEater is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN Retired
Name: Terry
DirtEater's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Performula View Post
Yeap, it did, Blackstone did the testing in 2007/2008. It happened. That's fine if you do not believe me but I have not lied on this forum.
You misunderstood me - I'm not saying anyone is lying.

Diesels are turbocharged and work much harder than rice burners or whatever kind of car. I've had 2 Cummins Turbo Diesels and never had any oil related problems, whether conventional or synthetic.

A turbo that is functioning properly should not cause an oil to break down with 6K miles, especially synthetics.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
Six lugs of fury!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEater View Post
You misunderstood me - I'm not saying anyone is lying.

Diesels are turbocharged and work much harder than rice burners or whatever kind of car. I've had 2 Cummins Turbo Diesels and never had any oil related problems, whether conventional or synthetic.

A turbo that is functioning properly should not cause an oil to break down with 6K miles, especially synthetics.
It was not faulty I never had issues with the car and I purchased it brand new. The cars life ended at 28k the turbo was fine. My mechanic had been in and out of that car three times over the course of its life. The car was perfect.