Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05 replacement front bumper options?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
eyball is on a distinguished road

eyball's Tacoma Gallery
05 replacement front bumper options?

So my wife decided to drive off road today and park the 05 tacoma on some rocks. Good thing is she's ok, bad part is my front bumper is cracked in 2 places and retry hacked up from the rocks. I do t want to fie an insurance claim with my $500 deductible. Does anyone have some cheap options to fix this? It's an '05 4x4 with SR5. It's drivable as is but not really pretty.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Just a guess...

But insurance might not even pay with a $500 deductible. I have done no research, but if u can get plate bumpers for just under a grand, I would hate to think oem ones are more than $500
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Found one on thepartsbin.com for $88 shipped. Just have to paint it. I know O'reilly's carries colormatched spray paint for our rigs (most colors anyway I think). I hear it isn't close enough of a match for doing touch ups, but works could for painting whole parts like bumpers and fenders.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
eyball is on a distinguished road

eyball's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I meant to say I'm not filing insurance so I'm looking for a cheap solution. Might buy that aftermarket replacement & have it painted. Does anyone make a aftermarket one that's not setup for a winch?