Notices

Picking up my new 2013 DC next Tuesday

Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
Mar322 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Picking up my new 2013 DC next Tuesday

Hello all.

First post here. Just finalized a deal yesterday on a new Mag Grey SB DC 4x4 Sport with Nav/Entune. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board. I plan on being active on this forum as I do plan on modifying the suspension to accommodate a bigger wheel/tire combo. I won't ask any dumb questions that can easily be searched, but if anybody wants to offer any advise on any must have mods it would be welcomed

initially I will be tinting the front windows and doing some type of small lift. Looking to have something close to a 33x10.5x17. Won't be off roading... Just for looks. Any suggestions on that would appreciated as well

Thanks

Mike
Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
33x10.5 You would want 255/80/17 tires, also depending on how tall you are I would PM ImMrYo and get a mirror relocation bracket ASAP, also welcome to the forums!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
A simple cheap lift to get you what you wanted would be billy 5100s on all 4 and an aal
Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
MJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to allMJM777 is a name known to all

Army:
MJM777's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
A simple cheap lift to get you what you wanted would be billy 5100s on all 4 and an aal
Simple I'm good with... Cheap is not a necessity. I don't want to spend more than I need to especially since I won't be doing any hard core off road driving, but I don't want to have a bad or squirrelly ride. I don't want to cause any geometry issues or sacrifice much ride quality

I know what the Billy's are.... Don't know what an aal is... Help

Is there a consensus that this would allow a 33 to fit with no issues

Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I just put 33's on and did the old man emu lift.. I had the dealer order and install it .. that way they wont blame my lift if I have any issues. .. you might want to look into it. also with a tire that wide, you will prob need new wheels.. I did the 285/75/16 and need spacers because im rubbing at full lock. I think you would rub full time with your chosen tire size.
I did have to remoe the front mud flaps and the small one in front of the tires as well.
My ride was actually improved over stock on the road.. still a nice plush ride.

*edit*.. I just re read his proposed tire size.. should be fine.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Billies are great, an aal is an add a leaf. It just goes onto your existing lead pack giving you 1-2 more inches of rear lift. Billies and an aal isn't cheap in the notion that it doesn't work.

As far as 33s you may need to do some trimming but nothing too major I wouldn't think since the tires are skinny
Old 01-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
AAL is an Add A Leaf. You should get a Wheeler's 3-piece AAL. It is a progressive 1.5" AAL and gives a softer ride than the normal single leaf AALs. Bilstien 5100s all around is the way to go since you're not planning on doing any serious offroading. You can get a whole set here:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

They are adjustable to 2.75". My buddy ran them with 275/75/16s, but I have heard of people running 255/85/16s or 255/80/17s. There might be a lttle rubbing issue depending of your truck.

Whatever you do, don't go with a spacer lift! Bad for you truck and ride quality will suffer.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #9

If you order from toytec, they have a Tw coupon.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! I have the exact same spec you do! 2,000 miles in and love it so far.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirraman View Post
AAL is an Add A Leaf. You should get a Wheeler's 3-piece AAL. It is a progressive 1.5" AAL and gives a softer ride than the normal single leaf AALs. Bilstien 5100s all around is the way to go since you're not planning on doing any serious offroading. You can get a whole set here:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

They are adjustable to 2.75". My buddy ran them with 275/75/16s, but I have heard of people running 255/85/16s or 255/80/17s. There might be a lttle rubbing issue depending of your truck.

Whatever you do, don't go with a spacer lift! Bad for you truck and ride quality will suffer.
thanks... I will look into that. And no chance of doing a spacer lift... Might be dum, but I ain't stuped.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
If you order from toytec, they have a Tw coupon.
How do I go about redeeming that...

I plan on ordering these tonight and deciding on wheels and tires within the next few days.

Can I run something wider than 10+ inches with the Billy's maxed out and the 2" aal? I'm assuming that I might have UCA issues or have to start cutting with more width... Im not cutting btw.... Is there and offset that would allow an 11-12" width tire

Definitely going with a matte black wheel... Just not sure which one yet
Old 01-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #13

The wider the tire the more rubbing you will have. And just search toytec lifts coupon
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #14
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
you may not have to cut.. but you will have to take off the front mudflaps, and the little ones infront of the tire. at least I did...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #15

Biggest tires you can fit without cutting are 265/70/17 or 255/75/17
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #17
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum... and bye bye to your wallet
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #18
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyP View Post
Welcome to the forum... and bye bye to your wallet
I might be new to TW.... But I ain't new to modding. Been around the block a time or ten on other toys. To do what I want to do to this truck is lunch money compared to what I have dropped on other vehicles.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar322 View Post
I might be new to TW.... But I ain't new to modding. Been around the block a time or ten on other toys. To do what I want to do to this truck is lunch money compared to what I have dropped on other vehicles.
So you think....
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar322 View Post
Guess you don't wanna do anything to the truck then.. If you build the best truck you can you're looking at 15k+