Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tail gate lock

Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
tomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomwilson74 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: E-4
Name: Tom
tomwilson74's Tacoma Gallery
tail gate lock

I saw a tail gate lock by Bully at Camelback Toyota the other day. $30, anybody know if it's any good? Kinda the same principal as the band clamp but a little beefier and with a key mechanism.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota needs to add a tailgate lock and bed light to these trucks.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
But if you must get one, it's $21 on Amazon.

I had one for a while until I lost it one night while I was installing my Pop and Lock. Go figure

Anyhow, I had already lost it by the time the thread started about how it doesn't work. Easy come, easy go.

I do like having the Pop and Lock, however
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
I need a lock for the gate that doesnt sacrifice my camera. cause i love my camera!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
I need a lock for the gate that doesnt sacrifice my camera. cause i love my camera!
Pl5300 is for the 09+ with cameras!

I have one on my 05 since i wanted a whole handle replacement, not an insert.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Pl5300 is for the 09+ with cameras!

I have one on my 05 since i wanted a whole handle replacement, not an insert.
SAWEET, getting purchased
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
I added the Pop n Lock electronic to my 2013 which has the camera and it went in with no issues, didnt have any effect on the camera, doesnt even get near it or anything related.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
Question Re: Electronic Pop n Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
I added the Pop n Lock electronic to my 2013 which has the camera and it went in with no issues, didnt have any effect on the camera, doesnt even get near it or anything related.
What's the model number of that lock? Thanks.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

Name: dwayne
faststang90's Tacoma Gallery
i had a lock installed on my 2010 it was alittle over 100 for the lock and the shop to install it. i have a back up camera too it just moves it to the other side of the handle.
this is the part number. pl5300
Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #11
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure why Toyota does not just go ahead and add tail gate lock and bed light. Tundras have both. Of course from what I am reading the Ford lock is pretty worthless. Same key on 05's fits all.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
What would be nice is a camera that can wipe its own damn lens...

PL5300 worked like a charm. IMHO the keyed lock was better since I don't lock/unlock the tailgate that often.