1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCON EMS problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Boomerams, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    Boomerams

Boomerams [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4.0 Base
    TRD Supercharger K&N CAI APR 7th Injector URD 2.82 Pully UCON EMS Kit DTLT and DT y-pipe Flowmaster 10 series Full Windows 8 Carputer with system :)
    Alright fellow forum goers have a little problem i am hopping i can get some help with. I have been working on the problem the past couple of days so i will first give you the back story to fill you in on how i got to were i am now.

Bought the UCON EMS system recently and finished installing it a couple of days ago. After i finished installing everything that came with kit i went to fire it up. Everything seemed fine, I let is run for a little bit, then when i was about to leave for my test drive truck was stalling out when put in reverse or drive. Of course the CEL was on so i pulled the codes...p0051, p0300, p0301, p0305.

I kind of focused more on the misfires at first so i checked some of the ignition system...coils, spark plugs(just put in all new). I even took everything apart again and checked the timing, thought maybe i fudged it up, but it was good. Didn't get to testing the injectors.

Then i started looking into the p0051 code and found that it could have been the A/F heater relay or possibly the forward 02 sensor (A/F sensor). Checked the relay and it was good. As for the forward o2 sensor i just went ahead and replaced the darn thing....which leads to were i am stuck now.

After installing the new o2 sensor I went to start the truck and it start the first time. I also noticed the all the misfire codes i pulled were gone but the P0051 code still remained. I went to check if i could change gears......it stalled. I went to start it up again and now it just keeps turning over. If i turn it over for about 5-8 seconds it will start but now it idles high and still cuts out if i put it into any gear.

ALSO... there might have been 2 gallons of unleaded put in the gas tank. Dont ask how just one word....Wife.

Any help?

2. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    I'd never heard of that system before your post so I won't be of much help. That on top of the supercharger and everything else you have it opens up all sorts of possible causes. Quite the high tech setup you have there. Have you checked with the manufacturer?

3. Jan 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    Boomerams

Boomerams [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4.0 Base
    TRD Supercharger K&N CAI APR 7th Injector URD 2.82 Pully UCON EMS Kit DTLT and DT y-pipe Flowmaster 10 series Full Windows 8 Carputer with system :)
    The UCON EMS is made by URD to replace the old x-1 from APR. I have not checked with Gadget yet but will tomorrow if i get a chance.

4. Jan 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Good lord man, spend less time posting all over the damn place and pick up the phone and call URD Tech Support.

877-887-3872 x3

Been waiting on you all day to call. I would call you but I have no idea who you are.

G

5. Feb 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    Boomerams

Boomerams [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4.0 Base
    Good lord man as I said in the other post I will call when I can. Shit going on right now. Dont mean to be rude but calling you isn't at the top of my list when I just had a marine die. Get to it when I can the truck will be there.

6. Feb 1, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sorry to hear about your Marine - Condolences to his family.

Gadget is the THE dude for the UCON system...You could at least do him the solid of calling or messaging him so he know who you are and can look into what you were sold. I'm sure he can help you...but you gotta help him help you.

7. Feb 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    Still waiting to hear from you so we can give you any needed Tech Support.

Please contact URD right away.

G

8. Feb 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    hiflyer

hiflyer New Member

Member:
    Quoting Gadget over at XR-U as it makes sense....:

Folks, the UCON kit is supplied as a bundle of performance components all designed to work together and is intended to be installed together.

It is like installing one of our supercharger kits and decide not to install a critical component like the upgraded fuel pump. It is just not going to work as designed and bad things can happen.

You can install the gears and thermostat and then do the UCON later, but not the other way around.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right. If you are not going to do it right, go buy a unichip.

Products Discussed in

To Top