Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I'm going supercharged!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
ToyotaTRD will become famous soon enoughToyotaTRD will become famous soon enough
ToyotaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going supercharged!

I finally broke down and went to the dealership and got a price to supercharge my 2011 access cab TRD Sport 6 speed manual. Also getting tires replaced with Michelin LTX M/S2 and I'm installing the TRD quickshifter. They beat out tire racks price on tires and price matched TRDParts4U.com pricing on the shifter and came real close on there supercharger kit. Labor total is $807 for the install of the supercharger. I'm pretty happy with the price and can't wait till it gets done. I'm glad they matched the pricing because I like spending my money locally when I can. Buy USA and support your local business! I only hope they don't give me problems about working with my existing TRD CAI. From the CAI installation instructions, it mentions installing with supercharged engines. Don't see how they could argue against it.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
very nice. im gonna be joining the club in a few short months too >=).
Old 02-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I wish i had the money to supercharge!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Super Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Grayson
Super Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
BillyP will become famous soon enoughBillyP will become famous soon enough
Coast Guard: CWO4-retired
Name: Billy
BillyP's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #8
Supercharged Mileage Master
MikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enoughMikeyLikesIt will become famous soon enough
MikeyLikesIt's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, you won't regret it.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the fun club!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
ToyotaTRD will become famous soon enoughToyotaTRD will become famous soon enough
Dropped her off tonight and the work will start tomorrow and possibly roll into Wednesday. I still don't know if there's a conflict with installing the TRD CAI with the TRD s/c. The installation instructions for the CAI from Toyota specifically mention the s/c and how to properly install it. I haven't seen in writing why they can't work together yet a lot of posts on here suggest they can't.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
calltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant future
calltrex's Tacoma Gallery
how much are the superchargers?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
TRD CAI v2 and TRD SC

Never had a problem with the combo or thrown any codes.

You might look in to getting an "oil catch can" to keep most of the oil vapors out of returning to the intake.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
Supercharger on average will run you around $5000 with parts labor and tax.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
Thanks mattgecko, I just wish there was some paper backing up the claims I keep reading on here.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my charger myself and when I removed the stock intake it had a layer of oil coating the inside and I only had 10-15k miles on my truck.

Here is what I stopped from entering my intake (5k miles).

Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #16
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Say goodbye to your gas mileage

Totally worth it btw...
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #17
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
URD for tacoma: http://urdusa.com/Forced-Induction-U...8_2/index.html
Old 02-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #18
Dravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shedDravyss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Dravyss's Tacoma Gallery
The URD system is currently only 05-08
Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #19
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravyss View Post
The URD system is currently only 05-08
Not for the 4 banger
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
Unhappy

Well the dealer called me today and said they can't install my existing TRD CAI with the supercharger. They said that in their literature it states they are not compatible. I asked why and they said it voids warranty and they won't do it but didn't have a clear reason. I also stated that in the CAI installation manual it shows how to install the intake with a supercharged application. They stated it was for vehicles prior to 05. So long story short I called toyota corporate and spoke with two more people that said the same thing and finally called TRD itself and spoke with two more people and the official answer they gave me is that the truck cannot deliver enough fuel to match the amount of air delivered by the combination of the TRD CAI AND supercharger. So in other words it can run lean. I argued that its wrong that they sell components that don't work together and now I'm stuck with a TRD CAI that I can't use or return. I already had the CAI before I went supercharged. I told them this is a huge screw up and I'm the one who suffers in the end and is out $400. I told them they need to make this more clear. I asked why other dealers are installing them under warranty and they said if something happens that the dealer will foot the bill and not toyota. They also said once they flash the ECU that it is irreversible. So you can never take the supercharger back out unless you buy a new ECU. Luckily I still had the old intake and I dropped it off so they could finish the install and it will be finished tomorrow. I am so pissed off over this whole thing. I realize I could just install it but I don't want lean conditions and warranty problems and I'm not uninstalling every time I need an oil change etc. The engine compartment looks so much better with the CAI. What a shame.