1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacoma Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by weatherbox, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Feb 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
    Kevinztaco

Kevinztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    none yet
    My 13 Taco TRD double cab v6 4x4 has this slight buzzing on the steering wheel when I'm going above 50mph. Anyone one else has similar issues?

2. Feb 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    I'd take a nice irresposible rip on the brand new truck. From stop gun it up to max (close to) slow down to a safer speed and slam on the brakes as hard as you can. Do this a few times. You have warranty if anything fails take it back if everything settles in your good to go.

3. Feb 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    i like where this is headed

4. Feb 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
  5. Feb 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    S1000RR

S1000RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Supercharged Sport
    I got mine a while back with 1 mile on her and never had a problem.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the steering wheel shake around 60mph.
    Heard it's a common thing with the Tacos.

6. Feb 3, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    hoehlehoehle

hoehlehoehle New Member

Member:
    West Fargo
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I have a small shake as well at 30-40 mph not through the steering wheel but can feel if throughout the truck. The dealer balanced the tires but ti is still there.

7. Feb 3, 2013 at 7:40 AM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    The axle can wrap both ways.

When you accelerate it wraps one direction and under braking the other direction.

If you are hard braking and stop then let up on brake a little bit and the rear unwraps and gives a little bump feeling.

8. Feb 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    This doesn't occur during hard braking or even firm breaking it actually doesn't seem to occur when I consistently brake to a complete stop. It mostly seems to occur when I am just slightly riding the brakes and apply more pressure to slow down more or vise-a-versa. I also found out that if the car is completely stopped and I pump the brakes it will occur as well. So does that make axle wrap a possible explanation still?

9. Feb 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Doesn't the TRD Offroad have a brake booster , maybe something is going on with that system

10. Feb 3, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    I think it just has the hydraulic braking system. I was thinking that because its making that sound of air seeping out when I brake that it could also be causing the random thumping as well?

I'm going to be back in the toyota service center this tuesday and I won't be told that nothing is wrong again.

11. Feb 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    2013 2.7

2013 2.7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner
    what i would do, and am doing with my 2013 is listing to the concerning noises, with mine it makes an AWFUL noise upon start up. but anyway if the noises is still present when i reach 5000 mies im going to take it to the dealership and have them check over everything and if something is wrong its under warranty so im not gonna hesitate to bring it in

12. Feb 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD O/R Pyrite
    retrofit/bhlm, CB, System, color match grill, debadge, TRD wheels
    I have a 13 access cab trd off road. I have the brake squeak. I chocked it up to the brake booster system being responsible for it.

13. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    ATHiker

ATHiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    15 Tundra DC 4X4 SR5 OR 5.7L
    I have not had any of these issues with my 2013 4x4 DCSB Sport. 2500 miles and no issues.

14. Feb 3, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    This should be a fixable problem? The tech at the dealership told me the tacomas with the hydraulic brake and the fj cruisers have it.. but it seems like a majority of 2013 owners are not experiencing it.

Any advice as to how I should handle the tech's/service center saying that the squeak and thumping in the brake is normal? I am obviously going to say that none of the cars I test drove had this issue nor do other 2013 taco owners. I also am going to have them document that they are aware of the issue and that they have not or have attempted to fix it.

15. Feb 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    ASUAviator

ASUAviator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I have a 13 AC OF v6 and it has a squeeky brake. I dont notice the other problems tho

16. Feb 3, 2013 at 9:48 PM
    Agro

Agro Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L Ecoboost!
    I bought my 2013 in January from Toyota of Carlsbad too. Plates came on Friday. I cant wait to get those stupid "carlsbad" frames and all that off my car. I dont care to give them free advertising.

congrats

17. Feb 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    HAHA! I've been telling my family and girlfriend the same thing brotha.

18. Feb 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    Good choice coming here...try checking with other dealers. If they don't appropriately satisfy you, don't hesitate to call corporate.

My 2013 doesn't do this...I do have a problem with the squeaky rear drums, but they apparently have a TSB for mine and are ordering the parts...

Doesn't sound normal...not 100% sure what it is you're describing. I'd go to the dealership and test out the brakes on another Tacoma. That may be a safety concern...

I get this too...my 2011 and 2013 both did this. It is VERY subtle, but noticeable first thing in the morning. After driving for a while, it won't do it again until the following day.

What car? Just kidding...if you didn't get the extended warranty, you can still get it from one of the dealers on here. It's ridiculously cheap (sub $1k) and if you plan on keeping your truck for 100k+ like I do, it'll be worth it...

19. Feb 3, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    weatherbox

weatherbox [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Southern California
    The clicking that you are saying is subtle and happens in your 2013 happens in mine after every start up. I am pretty concerned about the thump or bump I can feel in the pedal while braking. I am hoping that the squeak in the pedal and the thump is connected and not two separate issues. I am already planning on test driving my car at the dealership or another dealership again. I can't see how I could have missed these issues but still for my own affirmation I'm going to. I can't really describe this thump any other way except that it happens when I apply any sort of pressure to the brake when slowing down from all sorts of different speeds. It is not audible and sometimes can be felt from the passenger. The tech that rode with me felt it a few times. The pedal feels like it bumps back at me a little at times and I have driven enough new cars and trucks to know its not normal... We'll see how this gets handled on tuesday but I will have everything documented and ready for corporate to hear about if its not to my satisfaction. I probably should get used to referring to my tacoma as a truck and not a car!

20. Feb 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
    EG555

EG555 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Edgar
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    stock '13 PreRunner TRD O/R
    2013 here and I haven't experienced anything OP has stated.

Has anyone had a rattle in their B pillar up near the headliner?

Products Discussed in

To Top