1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reprogramming shift points

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Spruce Juice, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Feb 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Spruce Juice

Spruce Juice [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2012 4 x 4
    Fold A Cover, Factory Class 4 Hitch with Factory Harness, Cruise, Int Wipers, TRD Alloys, Fogs, K&N Air Filter
    I have a 2.7 cyl with automatic. I believe I can improve my gas mileage immensely if only I can get get the transmission to shift into 4th gear earlier. As it is, it shifts into 4th between 35 and 40 mph depending on load. Problem is, the speed limit in the city is 30 and even at the flow of the traffic of 33 to 35 the truck rarely utilizes 4th gear. Is there a reprogramming I can do to remap the shift pattern. Where I live I do not have the benefit of driving much faster than 35 most of the time.

2. Feb 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    seric007

seric007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    nope

3. Feb 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    CtTaco

CtTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 Doublecab Sport Longbed Supercharged
    3" lift, Tundra wheels with BFG ATKO's, Viper Remote starter TRD Supercharger
    my god i wish that someone would figure out a way to do this. I hate that my truck shifts into 2nd gear immediately when I'm pulling out into the street and the it drops back into 1st when I need to go quickly...I shift it manually most of the time because of this...

Products Discussed in

To Top