LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question for Bull Bar owners

Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
imartin is on a distinguished road
imartin's Tacoma Gallery
Question for Bull Bar owners

I'm thinking of a bull bar for my 2013 Tacoma DCSB. does the bull bar replace the factory skid plate? Is it one or the other? Thanks, new to TW. Great forum!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
anotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud of
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
The one i have does not replace the skid plate,,its an unknown brand i got off craigslist
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
i had a DeeZee bull bar with PIAA lights installed. factory skid plate was not removed. i have a 2012 taco ma tx pro trd. call your dealership and speak to one of the service personel. youll find theyre not a lot of bull bar fans on this site.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a Westin. Didn't need to remove the skid. Idk why some instructions say that it needs to be removed. Same with the brush guard my brother got. Still has his skid on too.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
I have a factory bull bar (dealer add-on that's actually made by Westin). I did not have to remove my TRD Off Road skid plates to install it. However, if you have the Toyota accessories skid plate (shown here) I believe it'll have to be removed in order to install the bull bar.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Da_da View Post
I have a factory bull bar (dealer add-on that's actually made by Westin). I did not have to remove my TRD Off Road skid plates to install it. However, if you have the Toyota accessories skid plate (shown here) I believe it'll have to be removed in order to install the bull bar.
Mine is still on
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
DR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to beholdDR Da_da is a splendid one to behold

DR Da_da's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Mine is still on
Good to know! I thought I remember the mounting instructions that came with mine saying that the skid plate had to go (I bought it back in '06, so my memory may be failing me). I do remember having to remove my front tow hook, however.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
imartin is on a distinguished road
imartin's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all! Sounds like mainly no need to remove plate, but depends on brand. I'm looking at the Steelcraft, so went to their site to find: Tacoma (*Doesn't fit with factory skid plate)" Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
timcrice is on a distinguished road
Name: Timothy
timcrice's Tacoma Gallery
2011 Access sr5- Most of this has been said, but specific model types never hurt, right? I installed a Westin ultimate bullbar with KC slimlites and everything fit perfectly. I did not need to remove factory skid plate.

Also if you need a front license plate in your state, you shant need to buy the license plate re-locator bracket. I did, and when I mounted the bar to the truck, it actually left the plate a little lower than it was on the bumper. (the re-locator is supposed to raise the plate.) So I recommend saving yourself the 20 or so dollars.

Products Discussed in this Thread