Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Head Light Issue! Please HELP!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
bassinpimp69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Fish
bassinpimp69's Tacoma Gallery
Head Light Issue! Please HELP!

I just bought my 2007 toyota tacoma access cab. I am having problems with the head lights. They wont shut off!!! So if the switch is on and i turn the truck off and open the door... headlights turn off. About a minute to 2 mins later the head lights turn themselves back on.
I have to start the truck turn the switch off then they shut off. Then if I leave the switch off shut the truck off and leave.... THEY DO THE SAME THING, even with the switch off they turn themselves back on. PLEASE help its driving me nuts i don't know what is happening.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
IDK, is there an aftermarket alarm on it?
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
gtaz67 is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
gtaz67's Tacoma Gallery
is your truck named "Christine" LOL Might be posessed
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaz67 View Post
is your truck named "Christine" LOL Might be posessed
That was my first thought too
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
IDK, is there an aftermarket alarm on it?
That is my thoughts also...
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
bassinpimp69 is on a distinguished road
Name: Fish
bassinpimp69's Tacoma Gallery
It doesn't have an aftermarket alarm but
I do have HID's
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinpimp69 View Post
It doesn't have an aftermarket alarm but
I do have HID's
Were they a "plug in kit" or did someone splice them in?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Were they a "plug in kit" or did someone splice them in?
That was my first thought, but if those are wired into the headlight circuit correctly it still has to get power to turn on. That circuit should be on a relay in the truck's fuseblock. I'm thinkin either a faulty headlight relay or possibly a bad switch on the column stem.
Either that or he needs a priest