Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Road Trip Question - Would you???

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
Collins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to beholdCollins is a splendid one to behold
Collins's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it and good luck. I-95 is fairly flat past DC all the way to Fla.

Should be no problem.

Enjoy.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
over60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shedover60 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
over60's Tacoma Gallery
Drive it like you stole it..... Did ya?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Totally. I took my truck on a 2000 mile roady in November from Cali to Colorado to go elk hunting. It was great. New trucks were made for driving bro. Roady for sure.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #44
gtaz67 is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
gtaz67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceJPG View Post
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to get some other Taco owner opinions on a subject...

I have a 2013 DCLB with 1200ish miles on it. I've pretty much babied it so far, keeping it under 3k rpms except for 1 or 2 times I needed to gun it due to traffic conditions.

With a truck this new, would you take it on a 2000 mile road trip? I would be driving from MD to FL, so approximately 1k miles each way, straight down interstate 95.

If I set cruise control at 70 and aimed it south, do you think that many highway miles on an engine this new would be a bad thing? I'd be leaving late tomorrow night, so any thoughts would be greatly apprecieated.

Thanks!

DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #45
SuperWhiteSLT11 is on a distinguished road

Name: STEVE
SuperWhiteSLT11's Tacoma Gallery
Put the pedel to the metal and go !
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #46
Mar322 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mar322's Tacoma Gallery
Once had a car with temp tags on Road America 150+mph... I put 20000 miles on that car, of which 6000+ were on road courses. A friend of a friend now has that car with last I heard around 90000 miles and hold your breath.... No powertrain issues.

These trucks with basic maintenance will run forever.... The body/frame will likely give out before the powertrain will.

I can't believe someone would hesitate to ..... gulp..... drive their new truck... C'mon... It's a tacoma, not a lambo
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
SpruceJPG is on a distinguished road

Name: .JPG
SpruceJPG's Tacoma Gallery
Hey All,

I did take it, 2080 miles total. Got it's first sratch in the paint, spilled orange juice and coffee in the cabin, and cracked the windshield somewhere along 95... so my new truck is now officially used!

Drove like a dream, and so much more space than my 06 Access Cab. I put a bed cover on and had all the luggage back there, covered the back seat with a blanket for the dogs, and streamed Pandora the whole way down.

I did have the chance to drive it on the beach, which was a great time. Couple cold beers, Rolling Stones in the cd player, some sun and a warm ocean breaze made for a perfect afternoon.

Damn I'm loving this truck!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #48
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the damage, but at least it came by enjoying your truck. I miss going to the beach.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #49
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceJPG View Post
Hey All,

I did take it, 2080 miles total. Got it's first sratch in the paint, spilled orange juice and coffee in the cabin, and cracked the windshield somewhere along 95... so my new truck is now officially used!

Drove like a dream, and so much more space than my 06 Access Cab. I put a bed cover on and had all the luggage back there, covered the back seat with a blanket for the dogs, and streamed Pandora the whole way down.

I did have the chance to drive it on the beach, which was a great time. Couple cold beers, Rolling Stones in the cd player, some sun and a warm ocean breaze made for a perfect afternoon.

Damn I'm loving this truck!
Sounds like the beginning of all the memories you'll create in your truck...
Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #50
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Toyota no fucks given, aim the wheel and it will take you there.