Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Adjusting bright headlight height

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
POWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nice

POWHANA's Tacoma Gallery
Adjusting bright headlight height

My 2012 has a six inch lift, when I hit the high beams they are a bit high in the distance. Is there a way to adjust them?

Thanks All...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You need a skinny phillips or a small hand, there is a small wheel near the bottom of the lamp. Turn it to move the angle of the beams up or down.

Edit: Behind the head lamp, near the bottom so you would have to open your hood obviously.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
POWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nicePOWHANA is just really nice

POWHANA's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET! Thanks LARGE!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
And the adjustment is a major pain in the ass to get to....good luck.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody possibly able to take pictures of the adjustment? I lifted my truck and drove it for the first time at night this weekend and every other car I flashed their brights at me. I even had a dude on a golf cart flashing his lights at me! Not cool really I need to get this straight.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtopgun515 View Post
Anybody possibly able to take pictures of the adjustment? I lifted my truck and drove it for the first time at night this weekend and every other car I flashed their brights at me. I even had a dude on a golf cart flashing his lights at me! Not cool really I need to get this straight.
It's the metal screw you see to the left and just below the headlight bulb. The one on the right is the one that adjusts the light side to side, the one on the left adjusts the horizontal. Use a long handled philips head screw driver and insert it from the top. You will see a channel that holds the shaft of the screw driver to make adjustment easier.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's the metal screw you see to the left and just below the headlight bulb. The one on the right is the one that adjusts the light side to side, the one on the left adjusts the horizontal. Use a long handled philips head screw driver and insert it from the top. You will see a channel that holds the shaft of the screw driver to make adjustment easier.
That looks like it would be hard to get to if its on the truck!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
SnowmanFX is on a distinguished road
SnowmanFX's Tacoma Gallery
If you use a long phillips head screwdriver on the "GEAR" it is very easy. There is a plastic channel to help keep the screwdriver centered.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That looks like it would be hard to get to if its on the truck!
VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanFX View Post
If you use a long phillips head screwdriver on the "GEAR" it is very easy. There is a plastic channel to help keep the screwdriver centered.
If you do it this way, it's actually very simple to make adjustments. I keep a long handled screw driver in my glove box just for this reason.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #10

I'll be adjusting tonight. Do you look at your brights when adjusting or your low beam?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll be adjusting tonight. Do you look at your brights when adjusting or your low beam?
Low beams. I've attached the section from the FSM on how to adjust your lights properly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Headlight Aiming.pdf (367.7 KB, 585 views)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #12

Thanks guys. Won't quit raining here so I guess ill be adjusting them another day. I printed that document off now I have to make since of what it says.