Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

To Nfab or not Nfab that is the question?

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Keep the chrome... looks nice 7 11.48%
Loose the chrome gramps, black it out 54 88.52%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
To Nfab or not Nfab that is the question?

Here is a pic of my truck from last summer. I am torn. In one way I like the way the chrome looks but I think blacking it out plus the added appearance in height would be really cool.

What do you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
To Nfab or not Nfab that is the question?-june-2012-085.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I had NFabs and I liked them , then I took them off and I like it better but my wife has a harder time getting in
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I got two little ones that need to get in the back otherwise i would consider just removing them.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like too much chrome personally. N fabs are siiiick. Go for it
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Yeah, I got two little ones that need to get in the back otherwise i would consider just removing them.

Thanks
are you looking at the stainless NFabs ?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #6
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
I am just adding them as some jerk backed into my truck and left an unwanted divit. If I had had the bars he would have been the one with his truck in the paint shop.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think the chrome looks pretty good on your truck cause of your accents but black would look okay to but do you plan on blacking anything else out?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
are you looking at the stainless NFabs ?
I think he is either gonna keep the steps he has now, or buy black NFabs
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
choppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud ofchoppersx has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Me personally i'm looking for some black powdercoated ones for mine truck. like these http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ars-black.html

You have sick as truck man! Good luck!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the black Nfabs. My next rim choice would be those ultra nice TRD wheels I have seen on a few guys trucks on these forums.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of like the chrome. It has a nice contrast with the blue, and the line of sight from rim to step to rim just looks right. I'm not too crazy about the nfabs, as another said, unless you're lifted pretty high, because they make the truck look closer to the ground.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same chrome step bars as you do, but decided to take them off and sell them. I don't have a problem getting in the truck obviously, but my gf sometimes complains.

It does make the truck look taller with more cleareance once you take them off.

I don't like chrome, but yours work very well on your truck actually.

If you want nfabs, I think because of the way the steps are designed hanging lower, it will make the truck look lower too.

If you are getting black ones, I would suggest painting/plasti diping badges black to match or debadging.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like my black nfabs (in Sig). Don't really need them to get in more so for others. They may end up coming off. Im lifted so it doesn't make it look too low to me then way they would on a non lifted truck.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly unless you have little kids,a short GF/wife, short yourself, wear tight ass pants (like one of my friends who has a hard time getting into his Taco hahaha), a lifted truck, or just buying for looks the N-Fabs are useless.

I have had mine on for about a year now and I hardly use them. Got them thinking it would make it easier to get into the truck, but it actually made it harder because of the orientation of where the step is (well at least the front ones). The steps are too low and they are place too far forward IMO. I'm really considering going OEM steps (not tube).

As for the chrome vs black...Black is the way to go! I finally blacked every part of my truck on the outside and I couldn't be any happier.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
Honestly unless you have little kids,a short GF/wife, short yourself, wear tight ass pants (like one of my friends who has a hard time getting into his Taco hahaha), a lifted truck, or just buying for looks the N-Fabs are useless.

I have had mine on for about a year now and I hardly use them. Got them thinking it would make it easier to get into the truck, but it actually made it harder because of the orientation of where the step is (well at least the front ones). The steps are too low and they are place too far forward IMO. I'm really considering going OEM steps (not tube).

As for the chrome vs black...Black is the way to go! I finally blacked every part of my truck on the outside and I couldn't be any happier.
Just out of curiosity. In that picture if you switched the sides that each rail is on would that not place the step in a better location to get in an out of the truck. It looks like the stubby end is at the front. Is that not supposed to be at the back.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Just out of curiosity. In that picture if you switched the sides that each rail is on would that not place the step in a better location to get in an out of the truck. It looks like the stubby end is at the front. Is that not supposed to be at the back.
The back looks like it is in a good position but the front does look a little off. Perhaps it is just me.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #18
mking will become famous soon enoughmking will become famous soon enough

Name: SilverSurfer
mking's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post

I figured that on top of everyone having the nfabs thats why I just went with the smitty 3' regular step bars.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
I like my NFabs, got them because my wife is altitude challenged. I just step over them.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #20
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck first truck ive seen that looks good without black wheels