Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Light racing uca with extended coilovers

Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
ACE808 is on a distinguished road
Name: DDS
ACE808's Tacoma Gallery
Light racing uca with extended coilovers

I currently have bilsteins 5100 and toytec springs with LR uca's on my 2005 4x4 and want to upgrade to coilovers. Will buying extended travel coilovers work with the LR uca at full droop Will my goodrich replacement steel braided brake lines need to be changed out for longer lengths? Looking at purchasing icons

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
You are good to go with LRs
Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
From my discussion about extended travel Fox coilovers with Sonny of DSM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Sorry I have a tendency to log off and on....
Anyway...You are correct, the added pre-load on the spring is for ride height and I just spoke to Jeff at Light racing and their Ball Joint arms can be used with extended travel coil-overs..The reason we normally run a uni-ball UCA is because the added droop travel you can get with an extended travel coil-over will run the risk of snapping a ball joint because the factory style ball joint will only travel so far and stop. UNI-balls will allow for a few more degress or movement so nothing binds at the uca...
Hope this helps...
Thank you,
Sonny
It's also been suggested that limiting straps may be a good idea.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
haha...we pretty much have the same setup but i have the icon ucas instead. i have my setup already, gonna install on monday.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

will do bro. i the remote resis look sick, but i dont know if i could justify the cost since my truck is basically a "garage queen" LOL, tasked with weekly trash dumps and weekend warrioring LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #9

i purchased my setup from a new shop that opened up over here on the big island; top notch auto. cool guys that know their shit. im not positive but i think my fronts costed me 1100 and the rears costed 500.

my old setup: billies w/eibach

new setup: icons all around

in the pics it looks like its the same height, but the truth is, the icon is about an inch and a quarter higher.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #11
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE808 View Post
How does it ride. Truck looks cherry. Still looking for price quotes. Gonna go remote resi. Might az well spend da $$$
Give Downsouth Motorsports a call. DSM is well reviewed and will valve the shocks to order. They give a TW discount and carry ICON among other brands. They don't carry LR UCAs, but Headstrong has them for $375, free shipping. Headstrong also carries ICON, but I don't know anything about their service.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #12

honestly, the toytec setup was more stiff, which i like! the icons feel like they absorb more, and im not talking negative about it, i just like the stiffness, like kidney punching stiffness LOL. maybe its cause i notched the billies to 1.75 when in actuality youre only supposed to leave them at .85 with the eibach springs LOL. i would check into dsm, i read a lot of people buy from there over here. and if youre going to spend the cash and your really want all that panache LOL, i would get the remote resis. if you have it in your heart already, youre going to be kicking yourself in the ass for getting anything different. for me the smooth bodies was the route i wanted to go, i like the sleeper look, unless you stick your face in the wheel well and see that black and silver peeking back out at you .
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
jimbo808 is on a distinguished road

jimbo808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
haha...we pretty much have the same setup but i have the icon ucas instead. i have my setup already, gonna install on monday.

what model are those rear shocks? is it the tundra one?