1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Otto navi replacement radio issues poor customer service!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by devman80, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    devman80

devman80 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dev
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    toyota tacoma long bed trd(leather)
    otto-navi head unit, 3 inch level/lift, constant power to cig lighter and 12v outlet, toyota accessories bug deflecter , steps , vent visors, and fabtech street bar with 4 hella black magics upgraded to 100w each .. and 1.25 spidertrax all around.
    anyone out there with the ottonavi head unit like me ? and having issues? product or service?

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    devman80

devman80 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dev
    newfoundland
    Vehicle:
    toyota tacoma long bed trd(leather)
    otto-navi head unit, 3 inch level/lift, constant power to cig lighter and 12v outlet, toyota accessories bug deflecter , steps , vent visors, and fabtech street bar with 4 hella black magics upgraded to 100w each .. and 1.25 spidertrax all around.
    This is the system i have!!

8680.jpg

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 5:58 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
  4. Feb 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    I've got the Caska/Rosen (that Ottonavi scoffed at) and it's been a nice unit, but now after a year, I'm having issues with the touch screen "sticking", even when it hasn't been touched... it's like an invisible finger is stuck to the screen.

Given the cost was only $100 less than a Kenwood, I should have gone that way, but I liked the idea of something that looked factory.

OP, just cut your losses and return the thing for a refund and get a Kenwood or Alpine from Crutchfield or Sonicelectronix

5. Feb 9, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    scottw1

scottw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Tacoma 4x4
    Lighted 4wd dial, Sirus XM radio
    Funny how the company pipes in on every other thread about aftermarket radios but not this one.... Makes you think.

6. Feb 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    And he would care about this thread for what reason?
    He'll just move on to another forum just like he moved in here offering a group buy a year ago.

7. Feb 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    ottonavigps

ottonavigps Well-Known Member

Member:
    i actually would care about this thread, as our customers do matter. I mean we don't just join forums to sell crap and then leave. That would leave us with nothing by tommorow! Anyways. if you call us at (323) 881-0550 we can see if we can troubleshoot your problems or send a replacement.

Most likely a refund will not be given after one year point, but we may still offer to warranty it.

8. Feb 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    OP, if they send you a new one take it and and then you can sell it as brand new, never opened/installed. Put the money towards something else.

9. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Subbed for outcome

10. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    tough break OP, I found these guys at SEMA a year back and liked the look of them. They had me convinced that it was a good unit until I researched them online. Definitely glad I didn't go with it, unfortunately you were one of the guys we all had to learn from. Hope you can work something out.

11. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Especially when $950 shipped will get you a Kenwood 6990 with Garmin software, XM/Sirius receiver, built-in HD radio, remote control, and iPod cable.

As far as I can tell, Otto STILL doesn't support sat radio or HD.

12. Feb 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    That's why I would stay away from companies I have never heard of like Otto maybe try a pioneer or kenwood

13. Mar 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    ottonavigps

Member:
    I don't hawk threads for negative reviews but after reading this post..I figured it was appropriate to offer my side of the story....

I had a really hard time looking up this customers order [DEVMAN] as I was not provided an order number. I had to search blindly among the tens of thousands of orders we have. Anyways, I found his order and pulled up notes.

as going back to devman...can you guys explain how I have been unfair to devman...he has issues with his radio...most likely from installation errors, anyways we go ahead and offer to send him a new radio but he would have to wait as we were out of stock. Cust left a deposit and shipped radio back to us. We refunded the deposit AND REFUNDED HIM FOR SHIPPING So him paying shipping both ways ? I think is A bogus statement Want the PayPal transaction Id for the refund? PP # 3J50477597850263M....I mean you can continue to lie, but look up that paypal transaction Id and you will know the truth...

So, please dont give us the lies of how you did this and that thinking we wont find your order and read all the notes. Each time we talk with a customer we document what was said and discussed between us. I have been nothing more than fair with this particular customer even offering to pay shipping both ways for his replacement unit. I am sorry he has to pay hefty customs, but if we declare the package for a lesser value and item is lost or damaged during transit is the customer going to pay the difference ? I mean we are only insured what is DECLARED ON PACKAGE. So if I say radio is only worth $300 so customer can avoid customs....who covers the other $400? I guess you cant always tend to everyone's need....

Now going to the issues of our radio..we have sold thousands of these radios. If these were hwo devman or the OP of this thread makes out the radios to be dont you think theere would have been many more threads? I mean just look at other reviews....theres always two sides of the tale..

14. Mar 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    ottonavigps

Member:

When customer was asked why he did not call us before posting negative comments online, customer said " I do not want to pay long distance phone call".

I am sorry but we cannot read your mind. If you are having an issue you should of contacted us DIRECTLY. Not post a thread and hope we stumble upon it....I have been more than helpful with this customer and even offered to pay for shipping both ways DESPITE THIS CUSTOMER LYING saying he paid initial shipping.

15. Mar 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    ottonavigps

Member:
    Hmm OP has 50 posts and 25 of them are negative reviews of OttoNavi....

Products Discussed in

To Top