1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Leveling kit causing rumble noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toy2Dy4, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
    Toy2Dy4

Toy2Dy4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black SR5 Tacoma 4x4 4dr
    Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to throw this question out there for others that might of had this same issue with aftermarket leveling kits in there Tacoma's.
    My 2011 Tacoma SR5 d-cab 4x4 has had a 2 1/2" leveling kit made by EZ-Lift , That I installed myself 2 years ago. I had a alignment done right after to accomidate my larger tires. This was performed at my Toyota dealership. It handled good before and after with no complaints. This winter , I removed my summer tires and installed my oem stock tires and rims back on like i have always done in the past. @ months after this I started to hear a rumble noise in the right front area at speeds of 20-25 mph. This noise was not consistent at all. I inspected the underneath for anything loose or obvious and found nothing. I thought possibly a wheel bearing maybe. I took it to my local Toy dealership and they said that it was caused from lift kit and it would go away if I removed it. They told me that the wheel bearings were all good and that was not the problem causer.They continued to tell me that they had a customer come in recently that had a truck like mine with a leveling kit and his was doing the same noise and they told him to remove his kit and he did and that supposedly fixed his noise problem. So I explained to him that I had a 2008 Tacoma 4x4 d-cab with the same lift and it had 30000 miles with no noise coming from the front end but yet my 2011 with only 18000 has now a noise . I'm confused. Should I have to have the front end re-aligned for just the short 3 months that I have my stock tires on?? I didn't do this every time i changed my tires on my 2008.
    My tires that I have on it right now are in excellent shape and show no wear caused by alignment issues so I guess I'm lost and confused. Has anyone else heard or had this same issue with a leveling kit.. PS, my wife drives this to work every day for total of 10 miles a day and I use it occasionally but don't do any off roading with it ever. Please help with any input. Thanks

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

Products Discussed in

To Top