1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tire question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dlew, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    dlew

dlew [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    a truck
    BHLM, 265/50r20 Proxes Tires, custom leather interior, ExTang Tri-fold hardtop bed cover, installed OEM foglights, Bugflector, Plasti-dipped rims, Plasti-dipped Emblems, Installed uhaul Trailer hitch and ball, GrillCraft mesh grill, 275/55r20 Nitto terra grapplers, pink fuzzy dice mod, billies at 2.5", Sockmonkey decals, four hella 500s in the grill, Weathertech floor mats, Debadged tailgate, removed pinstripes, installed cb, spidertrax spacers, aftermarket led tails, custom rod holder, OME dakar springs, OME N182 extended length rear shocks, OME extended ubolts, Dakar extra leaf, color-matched bumper, lower valence blacked out, BAMF tie downs, led headlight housing, color matched grill surround, bedlined all pro rear bumper, n-fab prerunner light bar
    hey all,
    i recently found a craigslist post for a used set of km2s with oem rims for 300 bucks!! the problem is three of the rims are 305/70 while the fourth is 285/75. i have done a little bit of research and it seems to me that the main difference would be a slight difference in the width of the fourth tire.

should there be any concerns with having one different sized tire? any help is appreciated. thanks

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    There would be slight differences in sidewall stiffness, cornering grip, etc. The odd 285 tire may well have a different tread depth. Should be OK if you run the 285 tire in the rear.

To stuff a 305 tire, you know you will be trimming a lot from the fender flares, right?

3. Feb 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    dlew

dlew [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    a truck
    BHLM, 265/50r20 Proxes Tires, custom leather interior, ExTang Tri-fold hardtop bed cover, installed OEM foglights, Bugflector, Plasti-dipped rims, Plasti-dipped Emblems, Installed uhaul Trailer hitch and ball, GrillCraft mesh grill, 275/55r20 Nitto terra grapplers, pink fuzzy dice mod, billies at 2.5", Sockmonkey decals, four hella 500s in the grill, Weathertech floor mats, Debadged tailgate, removed pinstripes, installed cb, spidertrax spacers, aftermarket led tails, custom rod holder, OME dakar springs, OME N182 extended length rear shocks, OME extended ubolts, Dakar extra leaf, color-matched bumper, lower valence blacked out, BAMF tie downs, led headlight housing, color matched grill surround, bedlined all pro rear bumper, n-fab prerunner light bar
    i expect i will be doing some trimming haha. and i was thinking the same about the tire in the rear. thanks for the help!

Products Discussed in

To Top