Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Cwpick76 is on a distinguished road

Army: IT
Name: CW
Cwpick76's Tacoma Gallery
No not doing anything because of anyone else. Not a sticker fan, but...
I like the look of the truck even though I am not a fan of them.

Right now, just looking for ideas. the only thing I am doing, is blacking-out all the badges this weekend, weather permitting. My previous vehicles I de-badged, but I like the Tacoma so just black-out badges to match the stickers and see how they blend. If I don't like the blackout its not permanent and they go back to original.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
TNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the rough
Name: JJ
TNM JJ's Tacoma Gallery
No! No supercharger. On youtube it sounds noisy and annoying. And if you choose to get one, wouldn't you need sportier tires vs. A/T tires for better road grip due to the added power?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #23
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I really like the interior. Except for discretionary upgrades such as a new head unit, I like it all. Door sills are cool, carbon fiber cool, stitching on headrests also cool. I even kind of like the wheels.

My personal thoughts - Stickers are a no-go but easily removed with a heat gun. Chrome bumper, hood scoop, and fender flares are a bit too much. Chrome exhaust tip is OK.

Nice purchase and welcome to TW!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM JJ View Post
No! No supercharger. On youtube it sounds noisy and annoying. And if you choose to get one, wouldn't you need sportier tires vs. A/T tires for better road grip due to the added power?
LOL. In the drivers seat the added power from the SC and whining noise is awesome! My 02
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #26

ideas for leveling kit? dont need to lift whole truck and level, just level for now
Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #27
REDdawn6 is on a distinguished road

REDdawn6's Tacoma Gallery
I like that truck very much. Grats on your first new car.
If you don't like the decals , go to a detail shop , have them take them off and give it a little buff in case. I took my emblems off with fishing line. Sprayed a little quick retailer just in case , it keeps breaking the string but they come off pretty easy. Thoses fender flares look tight.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #28

Thanks all for all the compliments and tips. Will keep posting updates. This weekend I should be able to black out all of the badges and we will see how it looks. Got the grill emblem done, just too dark for pictures.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #29
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Thats an awesome looking truck, the first i seen in silver. Congrats.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #30
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck. i would leave it the way it is for now. welcome from KC, KS.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #31
Scooter WCT is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scooter WCT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Cool unique twist for the taco, i like it although this is the first time ive heard anything about it
The XSP-X is a Southeast Toyota thing, so anyone outside the 5 states (FL, GA, AL, NC & SC) really won't know about it. I'm actually surprised that the OP has one, being that it says he's from Kansas haha.

They are good looking and we sell everyone that we get. Congrats man!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #32

I live in Wichita Kansas. Im in Georgia right now for school, headed back in couple of weeks.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #33

LOVE the truck... good thing its mine. Wife loves the truck, also.

Other than maybe adding a leveling kit, and some in-channel vent visors (still deciding), changes to the truck will be minor add-ons.

Here are some blacked-out badges.

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0048.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0047.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0050.jpg

More pictures tomorrow when I finish the other badges
Old 02-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #34
thairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura aboutthairannosaurus has a spectacular aura about
Army: Signal LT, 228 CSH (USAR)
Name: Anthony
thairannosaurus's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap! i totally recognize that background! are you at ft gordon? because i definitely remember stinson hall, haha. oh, nice truck btw!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #35
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the truck. I must not pay attention enough I've never even heard of this package lol.

If you showed me those wheels off the truck I think I'd say I don't like them. But on the truck in that color I think they look pretty good. The giant decal is really the only thing I don't like. The trim on the inside is sweet.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #36

Well after some research, I went and got trail fx window vents installed and ordered my weather tech floor mats from Trucks and Moore in Augusta, Georgia, I also went to an auto-hell store and bought a stubby 17" antenna to replace the long whip. Trucks and Moore was Awesome place, got a good deal, good service, and good advice. When I come back in July I will have them install my leveling kit. Real nice guys I told them I would put the good word out for them, they have a website and ebay, covering orders all over the U.S.

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0063.jpg

http://www.trucksandmoore.com

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0061.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0060.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0050.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0052.jpg

Got the badges blacked-out, also...

update:today got my weathertech mats and in the truck... Think I am done for a while and getting her fixed. Will keep posting and adding pix as I take them.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #37
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna see a pic of with those led running lights on
Old 02-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #38
redtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedredtacoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John Austin
redtacoma88's Tacoma Gallery
Dude that looks freeking AWESOME, congrats on the new truck!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #39

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0146.jpg

Hard to tell from the picture but the LEDs are very bright at night. I drove around with just them on, because I didn't realize they were the only lights I had on, until I it got a lot darker and I couldnt see my console anymore.

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0147.jpg

The LEDs dim down when lights are turned on.

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0148.jpg

LED only are the daytime running lights (DRL). The button on my center console to the left of the "AUX" plug in.

I will post night pictures later on after I take some.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #40
tbikid is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Chris
tbikid's Tacoma Gallery
Just got a black XSP-X

I really like the truck minus the fact its an automatic, I really miss the six speed in the 06 I had but anyways the more i glance at the hood scoop on this thing it bothers me more and more and I'm trying to figure out the most reasonable (as in affordable) solutions to making it look at least a little bit less crappier and I would love any suggestions. One thing I checked out was the LED DRL kit for the hood scoop that looked the same as the LEDs already under the headlights but I'm assuming those only replace the section of hood scoop on the TRD sport. Another consideration was trying to find an aftermarket hood that had a functioning hood scoop but I havent really had luck in finding anything for the 2013's. Much appreciated guys