Notices

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #41
tbikid is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Chris
tbikid's Tacoma Gallery
DRL LED's

Btw here is a pic of mine with the DRL's on while it was snowing but still daylight so they don't look as bright as they are. No joke I've done the same shit a couple of times going somewhere at night with them on and not realizing it at least in town anyway.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #42
Army:
tbikid's Tacoma Gallery
well

took me a second to figure out how to get a pic on here lol
Attached Thumbnails
XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-040.jpg  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #45
Cwpick76 is on a distinguished road

Army: IT
Name: CW
Cwpick76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbikid View Post
Btw here is a pic of mine with the DRL's on while it was snowing but still daylight so they don't look as bright as they are. No joke I've done the same shit a couple of times going somewhere at night with them on and not realizing it at least in town anyway.

Yeah it can be a dangerous safety feature :-p. Nice truck.

vvvvvvvvvLEDs at nightvvvvvvvvv

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0160.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0161.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0159.jpg

^^^^^LEDs @ night^^^^^^^^

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0162.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_0163.jpg
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #46

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbikid View Post
....i glance at the hood scoop on this thing it bothers me more and more and I'm trying to figure out the most reasonable (as in affordable) solutions to making it look at least a little bit less crappier and I would love any suggestions...
I am with you... They should have at least got a Sport Hood.... rant continues for some time... but it is just stuck on scoop and I have asked suggestions on here already.

Here's what has been said: Heat gun to loosen the glue, remove, buff hood.

Not going to try this myself at least right now. Alternative is to find a body shop and ask what going rate is for removing a sticker off a car, once they tell you, tell them its the hood scoop.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #47
Army:
tbikid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's what it's seeming like I just wish there was an alternative cause I like the look of the scoop with everything just not like that and I don't plan on trying that at home lol
Old 02-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #48
rican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired Aircraft Structural Mechanic
Name: Eddie
rican taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yep want to lift mine too. For now just got black chrome duals. Want to get rid of the chrome on the front and the rear bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-20130224_172734.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #49
rican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What did you use to black out everything? Want to remove all my chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-20130224_172855.jpg   XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-20130224_172816.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rican taco View Post
What did you use to black out everything? Want to remove all my chrome.
plasti-dip

its just plastic covering, check youtube videos. get it at home depot, lowe's, goes on easy cleans up easy and is completely reversible. and around $6 a can. HOWEVER, I didnt get nozzle completely cleaned out and completely clogged so be sure to clean after use.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #51

Sounds good thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #52

anytime
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #53
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck....i think "KEAVEYD" nailed it,"put your feel to it",wellsaid!everyone's taste is different.there's soooo many nice trucks and builds on this site,i've seen that same truck at dealerships in my area...i'd be checking shocks and leaf pack.if it has the black"tokikos",or blue/yellow bilsteins(4600's) then i'd be looking for suitable replacements.oh,and i'd loose the scoop/graphfics...check out some of the rigs on this site...the "OME" set-up,with mt's and black wheels seems to be popular im my area...the desert/beach guys go for the radical fronts,lightweight bumpers,basically a "naked front-end" tube-type set-up,then there's the "expo" type rigs...lotta armor,tall-skinney tires,usually mt,extensive camping supplies and emergency gear...man,this place is crazy!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAWG View Post
nice truck....i think "KEAVEYD" nailed it,"put your feel to it",wellsaid!everyone's taste is different.there's soooo many nice trucks and builds on this site,i've seen that same truck at dealerships in my area...i'd be checking shocks and leaf pack.if it has the black"tokikos",or blue/yellow bilsteins(4600's) then i'd be looking for suitable replacements.oh,and i'd loose the scoop/graphfics...check out some of the rigs on this site...the "OME" set-up,with mt's and black wheels seems to be popular im my area...the desert/beach guys go for the radical fronts,lightweight bumpers,basically a "naked front-end" tube-type set-up,then there's the "expo" type rigs...lotta armor,tall-skinney tires,usually mt,extensive camping supplies and emergency gear...man,this place is crazy!!!!!

TW is great place but a blackhole. It sucks you in and doesnt let go.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #55
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
Another XSP-X

Cwpick76

First off,,,congrats on the new truck. I just picked up mine last week. Not that I was in the market for one, but a recent trip to the dealer for service on my 2010 Tundra Crewmax, I spotted the XSP-X. SOLD myself on it right away.

Now that I joined this forum and know a little more about the Tacoma 4X4's
I probably would have went with the TRD Off road. Mostly for the locking diff
and a track. Having said that I still like the looks of this truck better.

Here's mine, not a good pic but it's raining here in sunny South Florida.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #56

Congrats and Welcome!!

Nice truck. Same here, had I known...

But I love the truck.

Now If only I could stop logging into TW i might save some money . Just cant stop looking for parts and mods
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #57
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
CW, Thanks

Maybe the next go around I'll go TRD Offroad, but honestly I probably won't use the 4X4
to much.

Likewise here, I have daily arrivals from UPS lol
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #58
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean when you say the computer restricts the engine? I would get a lift and put a real sub in there or at least replace the stock sub with a better one.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #59
vazpayne19 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
vazpayne19's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys what mod have you done so far? Can you share? Mine is. I did my bak flip f1 cover which I really like kinda improve my mpg a little bit. EGR in channel vent visor its nice because its kinda low profile not like bulky like some brands. and a pop and lock tail gate. I'm doing what I can right now before I go overseas. hope to hear from you guys.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #60

Well as far as mods I haven't done a lot, truck is still pretty new. But I bought the Weathertech Mats, got Trail Effects vent visors (not in-channel, heard too many nightmares about them), bought 17" antenna (advanced auto $12).

AFE ProDry S drop in filter is enroute from CALI right now!!

Putting off suspension for now- looking into exhaust options next.
Any ideas/opinions on that are welcome