Notices

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Cwpick76 is on a distinguished road

Army: IT
Name: CW
Cwpick76's Tacoma Gallery
XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma

Hey all, I am back for the first time. I just got a new Toyota Tacoma. I previously had a used 2008 Tacoma PreRunner, the previous owner kept it parked under a tree so it had a roof made of sap and he/she had small accident in it which made it difficult to get it aligned. It was also hard starting some mornings. Well, we got bills paid off with taxes and I picked up my first brand new vehicle and my first 4x4 truck...

2013 Toyota Tacoma Xsp-X.

First, I really like the truck, but yes, I have seen the threads of everyone trashing the truck for various reasons.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-package.html

I agree that the hood scoop is crap for being a stick-on, and I am not into the flashy vinyl stickers on the sides, also I am not into the chrome muffler tip. However, I do like the LED daytime running lights in the front even though they do look a little cheap, they are bright and a safety feature that doesn't have a negative impact on performance; with some of the other drivers that are out there I will take the LEDs to help keep me out of a wreck. I like the synthetic leather "all-weather", IF they make clean up easier.

Anyway, lets move on. I want to improve it.

How can I?
Can I overwrite the computer "nanny" that restricts the motor?
Remove the hood scoop "sticker", without ruining the hood?
What other modification ideas are out there?

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2204.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2238.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2239.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2244.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2246.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2240.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2243.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2245.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2247.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_2248.jpg

XSP-X 2013 Toyota Tacoma-img_1346.jpg
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice and welcome!!

Truck is pretty sick overall. The things you mentioned, hood scoop, graphics and "I" would add the wheels to that list... should come off. Not sure how to remove the graphics and hood but look into it, can't be that difficult.

Love the fender flares! This truck with a 3" lift and some 285's would look insane!!

I'll be watching to see what mods you make

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, Congrats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafafahey View Post
What is the switch two spots left of the USB plug?

DRL switch...its for the LED daytime running lights you see under the headlights...they operate independently of the headlights...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Sure some of those add-ons may be not to my liking but I'm not going to bang on your truck, as long as you like it, who cares right?
Nice truck man, welcome to TW!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if I could get those fender flares in nautical blue??......

Wonder if its these factory painted??

http://blog.bushwacker.com/1839/bush...fender-flares/
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
TNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the roughTNM JJ is a jewel in the rough
Name: JJ
TNM JJ's Tacoma Gallery
Is the XPS mechanically different from the regular Sport or Off-Road Tacoma or are the differences only cosmetic? I really like the wheels and the fenders of it. And what is that weird thing in the cup holder?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
TooSense is on a distinguished road
TooSense's Tacoma Gallery
why would you touch this truck except for a few minor things like maybe tires or decal removal... this is how anyone should want to buy their truck.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats.

There is a 2013 XSP 4Runner at the dealer down the road. I like it too.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #11

in the cup holder a little bobble head gargoyle that i have had for forever. Wife likes it so its staying.

Didn't see any bolts, threads, or anything that would be attachments for hood scoop. It appears to be just stuck on.

Love the truck and the wheels... tires are meh... we will see off road later on. I appreciate the help so far.

What about trd turbo? worth it, y or n?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #12

Thank you everyone. The best thing besides the truck itself was rolling off the lot with 11miles on it. appreciate the comments and help with hood scoop and decals.

I do love the truck as is (exception pending on the Rugged terrains). We will see as I pass the break-in period and turn it off-road.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
It's always nice to have something brand new, is there by any chance you can get me a part number on that drl switch?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
KeavyD will become famous soon enoughKeavyD will become famous soon enough

Name: KeavyD
KeavyD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck bro everyone has different taste I think it looks pretty sick. It's your truck bro enjoy and put your feel to it. Congrats and welcome.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwpick76 View Post
in the cup holder a little bobble head gargoyle that i have had for forever. Wife likes it so its staying.

Didn't see any bolts, threads, or anything that would be attachments for hood scoop. It appears to be just stuck on.

Love the truck and the wheels... tires are meh... we will see off road later on. I appreciate the help so far.

If you plan on doin anything like a turbo just bite the bullet and get the trd supercharger
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #16
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you are thinking about wheels n tires now is the time to sell the ones you have since they are basically new and you can get top dollar for them.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #17

Well checking other websites and the BFG website Rugged Terrain vs All Terrain. Both
BFGoodrich Performance Ratings :

Rugged Terrain:......................All Terrain:
8 Wear Life...........................9 Wear Life
6 Fuel Efficiency....................6 Fuel Efficiency
7 Off Road............................9 Off Road
8 Braking.............................8 Braking
8 Comfort.............................6 Comfort

Although rated the same on braking the site stated Rugged Terrains are improved for wet road conditions with water channels (safety...) and since OUR priority for now will be mainly over the road driving, we will be keeping the tires.

The rims I like and so the package stays.At least for now...
Will look into the TRD supercharger.

Working on blacking out the badges. Will add pics later.
Anyone have info on performance tuners? or anything in the way breaking those computer restrictors? Or actually had problems with them?
Some four wheel magazines stated that the computer was restricting its off road performance, so I am just trying to get more information.

Any other aesthetic or performance ideas let me know!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #18
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM JJ View Post
Is the XPS mechanically different from the regular Sport or Off-Road Tacoma or are the differences only cosmetic? I really like the wheels and the fenders of it. And what is that weird thing in the cup holder?
Quote:
Well checking other websites and the BFG website Rugged Terrain vs All Terrain. Both

Rugged Terrain:......................All Terrain:
8 Wear Life...........................9 Wear Life
6 Fuel Efficiency....................6 Fuel Efficiency
7 Off Road............................9 Off Road
8 Braking.............................8 Braking
8 Comfort.............................6 Comfort

Although rated the same on braking the site stated Rugged Terrains are improved for wet road conditions with water channels (safety...) and since OUR priority for now will be mainly over the road driving, we will be keeping the tires.

The rims I like and so the package stays.At least for now...
Wear out what you got...if it were the rugged trails, I'd say otherwise...
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Canadian Redneck
NiceTaco has a spectacular aura aboutNiceTaco has a spectacular aura about

NiceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like that carbon fiber look man... I need to get that dine to mine.

Truck is sweet.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck OP. Even though the stickers might be a little much, I would leave the truck just the way it is, at least for now. If you decide later on to change it, do it then, but don't do anything just because there are haters on this site. Enjoy the truck!