Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog HID's

Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
Fog HID's

I am planning on installing some fog HID's very soon and I am wondering if anyone has any tips or anything that might aid me in my install. I installed my headlights a while back, I just forgot everything that I am going to need and what all I am supposed to be doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
plug-n-play or a TRS setup?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
mtwil9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mtwil9's Tacoma Gallery
The fogs are easier than the headlights. At least for me it was(less crap in the way)
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.hampton View Post
I am planning on installing some fog HID's very soon and I am wondering if anyone has any tips or anything that might aid me in my install. I installed my headlights a while back, I just forgot everything that I am going to need and what all I am supposed to be doing. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Mine are 8k's

It is just plug and play really. The new HID bulbs you can get w/ the HID ballast just unplug the original plug in as specified and your HID. Took me 20min tops for both sides. Nothing special. Just screw down the ballast somewhere so it doesnt move around.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to beholdaubi1414 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwil9 View Post
The fogs are easier than the headlights. At least for me it was(less crap in the way)
X2
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

ok, I remember from my headlights that i had to run a wire to my battery. Is that not the case with my fogs?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
War Eagle!!

Quote:
ok, I remember from my headlights that i had to run a wire to my battery. Is that not the case with my fogs?
NO
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
PUT THE WORK IN

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubi1414 View Post
NO
SWEET!!! Thank you all!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are 8k's

It is just plug and play really. The new HID bulbs you can get w/ the HID ballast just unplug the original plug in as specified and your HID. Took me 20min tops for both sides. Nothing special. Just screw down the ballast somewhere so it doesnt move around.[/QUOTE]

Kool lights! I'm going to look for a kit for my 09 Taco . Thanks for the input.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
War Eagle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Mine are 8k's

It is just plug and play really. The new HID bulbs you can get w/ the HID ballast just unplug the original plug in as specified and your HID. Took me 20min tops for both sides. Nothing special. Just screw down the ballast somewhere so it doesnt move around.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will probably be getting smoked fog lens soon so they arent so bright. 6k might be a good look as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine are 8k's

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cool and also worthless as foul weather lights... I guess I don't understand the attraction.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #12
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will probably be getting smoked fog lens soon so they arent so bright. 6k might be a good look as well.[/QUOTE]

Why are you going to smoke the lights ? are you gettting cars flash there lights at you? Can you change the light bulb or go with a different kit.
Im a newbie, i was trying to match my fog lights to my head lights . i have the philips extreme bulbs but now hearing about Plug and ply kits im interested.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You're better off going with a retrofit.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Thanks!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will probably be getting smoked fog lens soon so they arent so bright. 6k might be a good look as well.
So you stuff HIDs into a halogen reflector housing and then you are going to tint the lens to attenuate the output.

Why not just stick with the standard fog lights?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
PUT THE WORK IN

I bought a kit for both my headlights and my fog lights. I was the same way. I wanted my fogs and headlights to match. Just gotta make sure you get the same color and intensity for the both of them.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #16

Quote:
I bought a kit for both my headlights and my fog lights. I was the same way. I wanted my fogs and headlights to match. Just gotta make sure you get the same color and intensity for the both of them.
He isn't only talking about that. Pnp kits scatter the light all over the place.. They are especially bad when you get 8000 or above although none are really good at all
Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
War Eagle!!

Quote:
Thanks!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will probably be getting smoked fog lens soon so they arent so bright. 6k might be a good look as well.[/QUOTE]

Why are you going to smoke the lights ? are you gettting cars flash there lights at you? Can you change the light bulb or go with a different kit.
Im a newbie, i was trying to match my fog lights to my head lights . i have the philips extreme bulbs but now hearing about Plug and ply kits im interested. [/QUOTE]

My headlights are smoke and I want the fog lights smoke as well and nope have had them for 9 months or so and not one car has flashed their lights at me.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #18
War Eagle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So you stuff HIDs into a halogen reflector housing and then you are going to tint the lens to attenuate the output.

Why not just stick with the standard fog lights?
Because I want HID not standard and I want the fog lens to match my headlamp smoke lens
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
War Eagle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
You're better off going with a retrofit.
True but that wasn't his question. HID or Retrofit? He asked about HID