Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Projector retro-fit. How hard. Does anyone sell them.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Projector retro-fit. How hard. Does anyone sell them.

I love em but I think it might be outside my skill range. How hard is it. Ones anyone on TW sell em?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Look for AsianAnts and/or ambiguous...They both have threads w/ Retrofit services for sale.

Edit:

Ant: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...fog-retro.html
Ambig: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...down-time.html
^^ yep. I tried my own and failed. Lesson learned. They are now in the hands of the professionals. It's worth the money to me knowing they will be done right this time
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
^^ yep. I tried my own and failed. Lesson learned. They are now in the hands of the professionals. It's worth the money to me knowing they will be done right this time
I'm pretty happy with the ones I did as far as execution - but I got what I paid for in the parts dept.
I'll be ordering up some new head lights w/ complete retrofit in the not too distant future.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm pretty happy with the ones I did as far as execution - but I got what I paid for in the parts dept.
I'll be ordering up some new head lights w/ complete retrofit in the not too distant future.
My projectors looked half decent. They just needed a little work on the alignment. The bhlm is what looked like ass
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
My projectors looked half decent. They just needed a little work on the alignment. The bhlm is what looked like ass
Alignment worked out great because of the style of projector.
I used spray on bedliner for mine..Came out pretty nice.

But the projector/shroud parts were kinda cheap and just don't feel real solid. I think one of the lenses might be slightly misaligned...Hence looking at getting new ones.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
NOCENTS is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
NOCENTS's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished mine a week or so ago, it can be a lot of work but there are also a lot of threads to help you along the way. Did you do a BHLM ? If you can do that you can do HID retrofit. I am super anul so mine was a pain and took a week or two to finish.It was nice that I had second set to build them out of.