Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
oildriller is on a distinguished road
Name: Dean
oildriller's Tacoma Gallery
Misc Questions

1) Need instructions, or, advise, where to find a video, on how to remove, the front & rear, plastic mud guards, on my 2011, Tacoma, TRD, 4X4.

2) I am installing Bilstein 5100, Adjustable, Struts, on the front & 5100 rear shocks, on my 2011, Tacoma, TRD, 4X4. The strut adjustment, will be set on 2-1/2''. Do I need to raise the rear 1", to compensate for the front being raised, or, can the rear, remain the stock height?? No heavy loads will be carried.

3) Does anyone recommend installing a throttle body, due to the poor gas mileage (16.5-17.3 mpg) & throttle response, to my 2011, TRD, 4X4.

4) Any advantage to cutting the exhaust pipe off, 3", behind the rear of the stock muffler & installing a 4" long turn down, on my 2011, TRD, 4X4. I do not want to install a cat back system, as they are too loud.
Thanks in advance, for the replies.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
1. There are a few plastics tabs and some screws for the mud guards very easy to remove.

2. You will be nose high with 2.5 up front you will need an aal in the back.

3. Throttle body spacers are garbage on tacomas save your money

4. No advantages nor disadvantage. I personally have mine chopped after the rear axle

Ps you work on a land rig or offshore?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
oildriller is on a distinguished road
Name: Dean
oildriller's Tacoma Gallery
I am new to the site, on how to reply & post & the lingo used!!
What is an aal??
I work on land & offshore rigs, Stateside & International.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
aal= add a leaf
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildriller View Post
I am new to the site, on how to reply & post & the lingo used!!
What is an aal??
I work on land & offshore rigs, Stateside & International.

aal= Add a leaf

Read up on a lot of the lingo here:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/glossary.php

Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
the aal is a add a leaf. who you working for? curious.
this should help with the abbreviations took me a while to figure out wth people were saying.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/glossary.php
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post

couldnt have been 30 seconds
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Never Satisfied
KingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingKoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KingKoda's Tacoma Gallery
10mm on the bolts for mud flaps, just use a small flat head screwdriver to lift the plastic push pins out, be gentle but it will take a little force to pop them out. Might have to work them around the edges a little.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
couldnt have been 30 seconds

Lol! I win!!

I like how you think!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipnoreo View Post
Lol! I win!!

I like how you think!