1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member taco help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Eman1234, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Feb 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Eman1234

Eman1234 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Wats up guys I'm new member on here from wv. Got a question I need some input on. I got an 05 Tacoma with 64k on it 2 months ago. It's a 6 speed. Any way the throw out bearing went out and was chirping 2 weeks ago at 65k miles. I didn't buy it from a Toyota dealer and was upset,so I brought it in to the used car dealer i bought it from for them to check. They said they thought it was the t out bearing and would make a call fo see how they could fix it. They called me today and said to bring it in they ordered parts and were gonna drop the tranny and do clutch, bearing, and pilot. Now I asked him if it was stock bearing and told him from what I read it would happen again and that I'd like to order the urd steel repair kit solve that would make it last longer and the mechanic said no I'm pretty sure it's all better stuff than stock bearing and to not worry about it.
    I'm bringing my truck in when the parts get in and was wondeing if I should order the urd kit myself or just let them do there thing? Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top