Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whitewall Blackout

Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Foxone is on a distinguished road
Foxone's Tacoma Gallery
Whitewall Blackout

I just thought I would pass along some stuff I found. I painted my wheels black and wanted to reverse the whitewalls, but found out it would be 130 bucks to rebalance and screw with the tire sensors. I found this stuff called Millers Tire paint. I tried some on a couple letters of the whitewall this weekend, it blends in so well you cant even tell. It dries to a matte finish just like the rubber. Time will tell how well it holds up, but i figure at least long enough to wear out these cheapass tires. Stuff runs about 30 bucks, got mine off ebay.Im going to do all the tires this weekend, best part is it dilutes with water. use one of those throw away small sponge paintbrushes. Shoot, Im barely gonna use any of this stuff, it goes along way if anyone wants buy the rest off me.
Attached Thumbnails
Whitewall Blackout-43_2.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Foxone's Tacoma Gallery
Ill get some this weekend, it was to cold to spend to much time outside this last weekend.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Foxone's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some before and after pics, took a whole 15 minutes with a flat sponge type brush. My actual tires are not very dark, there is no tire dressing on them, I usually dont use it anyway, hate crap sticking to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Whitewall Blackout-whitewall-before.jpg   Whitewall Blackout-whitewall-after.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good and the price was right, until your ready for new ones. Cheers

Your rims, powder coat or paint or ? Look good too
Old 02-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Certainly beats paying to remount the tires! That's a good solution to one of those little annoyances that most people just live with since it's so expensive to change.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
Foxone's Tacoma Gallery
Wheels are painted with Duplicolor wheel paint. Using Bulldog adhesion promoter and some scuffing to the wheel first.

I dont think this stuff will chip, its almost like liquid rubber going on, Ive read that it can be rubbed off, but I dont typically scrub my tires, wheels yes, but not the actual tires.