Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Removing Truck Bed?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Kevinztaco has a spectacular aura aboutKevinztaco has a spectacular aura about
Kevinztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Removing Truck Bed?

Hey Guys, I'm curious how hard is it to remove the truckbed on a Tacoma? I did some searching but couldn't find anything related. I'm thinking about DIY rust proofing project over the summer. Is it even necessary? Thanks a lot for any info.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't removed mine, but it appears to be similar to most pickup beds. Remove bed bolts, unplug wiring harnesses, disconnect fuel filler neck, and lift. There may be a few other odds and ends to address, but it doesn't look difficult.

That said, if you're going to do some rust proofing, it may not be necessary. I applied Fluid Film at home and I don't think it'd be worth the trouble to pull the bed for a little better access.