1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with new purchase / Info

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by backintime189, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Feb 11, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    backintime189

backintime189 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Pennsylvania
    Hello all,

New to the forum here, and considering a Tacoma purchase, and have some questions and I thought what better way to find out. This would be my first Tacoma, right now driving 2011 Ford Ranger 4.0 V6 5spd manual (sorry don't throw me off the forum yet). I have mixed feelings about the truck, really not happy at all with the gas mileage (like 14 hwy) and am considering switching up. I'm looking into a '13 Tacoma Reg cab - 2.7 5 spd. Thinking right off the bat I would get better fual economy and also drive a better quality truck. Don't haul much other than a couple lawn mowers and think the 2.7 would be just fine, infact I'm preferring it for milage. However it does seem like I'll give up Sat radio (although I'm reading up on how to possibly add it to the Reg cab's touch screen without etune). Lastly the only other thing I'm concerned about is Toyota's rust issues... I don't know whole lot about what all happened with the buy back and such, and am wondering if they are still having issues in 2013 with this.

If anyone out there cares to weigh in on any of these questions/issues, or just wants to think out loud, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank You Toyota owners.

2. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Rust shouldn't be an issue that was a supplier issue with the frames on the first gen trucks. Gas mileage will definitely be better with the 2.7 but you can certainly get around 20 hwy with the V6 in the Tacoma. Although if you want a reg cab the V6 is a moot point.

Products Discussed in

To Top