Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone put seat heaters in?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
calltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant future
calltrex's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone put seat heaters in?

I might get the heated seat inserts

Just wondering if anyone has taken there seat apart to install these?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Don't Tread On Me
08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of08PRELB has much to be proud of

Navy: US NAVY SEABEE CONSTRUCTION MECHANIC
Name: Adam
08PRELB's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, there are several people on here who have installed heated seats as well as leather. There is an on going group buy for Katzkins leather seats and heated seats is an option that comes with those. I love my heated seats they are one of my favorite mods.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I had the dealer do mine.. $500 installed.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
www.seatheater.com great prices, great quality, and 3 year warranty
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
calltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant futurecalltrex has a brilliant future
Just wondering if it was hard to get the seat apart to install them
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-interior.html
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine were $80 for each seat and they fawking rock. Put em in myself. Paint on the ass, but worth it.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Sigo is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
I recently did mine right after Christmas. Bought a two-seat kit off of ebay along with hog rings and hog ring pliers. Did it myself. First attempt at upholstery and didn't want it to look bad. It came out perfect. Pulled the cloth off, put the heaters in, and put it back together. You cannot tell the seat upholstery has ever been off.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Cool

Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #10
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got mine from Toyota.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
I bought hog pliers and clips today.

Didn't know if I only needed the straight or angled pliers. So I got both
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
Installed mine myself. If you are comfortable working on stuff it is pretty easy.

May as well do the leather while you have it apart...
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone put seat heaters in?-317990_550121781684379_549213303_n.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-254613_550121845017706_842375779_n.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
BroBraBlahBlah

Ooohhh I like the roller switches.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I saw that Wet Okole has the option to slip a heating element underneath...can anyone comment on the quality of the ones they provide?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
shorti will become famous soon enough
shorti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLARIAT View Post
Installed mine myself. If you are comfortable working on stuff it is pretty easy.

May as well do the leather while you have it apart...
Woah woah woah. What brand of heaters do you have and are those the switches that came with them?
That is exactly what I want.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #17
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorti View Post
Woah woah woah. What brand of heaters do you have and are those the switches that came with them?
That is exactly what I want.
Can not remember the brand but the kit is on eBay. The switches are included in the kit. Just search for Toyota heated seat kit on eBay.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
Ya baby. Took me 5 hrs to install everything. good thing i bought the hog pliers

dont have to remove anything to do the back rest. you can slip the whole thing up by hand. easy

you only have to take half of the bottom off to install butt one
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150013.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150023.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150024.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150029.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #19
The finished Result. all works. turns on with the remote start.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150034.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150035.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150038.jpg   Has anyone put seat heaters in?-p2150043.jpg  
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #20
BroBraBlahBlah

Exactly what I got too. Nice job dude