Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rattle under passenger side of bed

Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
silvertacoma07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jarvis
silvertacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
rattle under passenger side of bed

has anyone had rattling under their bed i cant fin it but everytime i hit a bump i jear it an drives me nutts
Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
English would be nice to read.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Rattles can be sometimes difficult to find. One of the first steps I take is to check all of the bed mounting bolts and make sure they are all tight. While under the truck look for signs of contact. Two pieces of metal rattling or rubbing against each other will wear off the paint and or dirt, so look for shiny spots of clean metal. Also you can look at things such as the parking brake cable, brake lines, and exhaust hangers. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem. It drove me nuts for a long time.Take your time and work from the outside in. Start with fender wells. Check for loose bolts or fasteners. Then I would go with intake, radiator, fluid caps and so on...my problem was the CAI. The intake tube was resting on the intake shroud. Everytime I was at a stop I would her it rattling. I loosened up the hose clamps repositioned the tube and was good to go. I have never had any more vibration problems after that.Good luck with your search.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Got anything in the bedpockets ?

Is the spare loose in the carrier ?

Do you have a reciever in a tow hitch ?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
He said passenger side under the bed. I have rattles in the same area on my truck. It's most likely one of the flimsy brackets that they use to hold the inner fender. I can smack the fender and hear the rattle. I have been too lazy to get up in there and actually look.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
He said passenger side under the bed. I have rattles in the same area on my truck. It's most likely one of the flimsy brackets that they use to hold the inner fender. I can smack the fender and hear the rattle. I have been too lazy to get up in there and actually look.
Yeah , I can read
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yeah , I can read
Not you Oz..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
English would be nice to read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
I had the same problem. It drove me nuts for a long time...my problem was the CAI. The intake tube was resting on the intake shroud.
He said passenger side under the bed.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
Twiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant futureTwiostaco has a brilliant future

Name: Austin
Twiostaco's Tacoma Gallery
Had similiar issue, it was my bed. My bolts were as tight as they would go but still barely enough wiggle in my passenger front bed bolt. I took front bed bolts out and put a big rubber washer where the bed mounts and tightened the bolts down snug no issues since
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
silvertacoma07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jarvis
silvertacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
thank yall ill start checkn the bed bolts an the inner fender brackets when the ground dries up a lil