Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2" lift in front do I need to lift back to level (no tsb aal)

Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
2" lift in front do I need to lift back to level (no tsb aal)

Doing a 2" spacer lift (so 1" spacer) for the front to level the truck. I have a 4wd Sr5 without the TSB (standard leaf pack). Was wondering if I will need to aal or a 1'' block in the back, what do you guys think? if its only a smudge high in the front I wont be to upset. Just no "bro lean". Tried to search for this and only found people doing 1.75'' on the billies to level with no tsb. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Should sit pretty level like that.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Billies don't add lift to the rear. You need an AAL or the 3 leaf add on. You can also get a 2" lift with some IronMan leaf springs.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
It will probably will be a little high in the front, but only barley. If you do blocks or an AAL you will get some of your rake restored and it wont be really nose up when you have a load in the bed.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Billies don't add lift to the rear. You need an AAL or the 3 leaf add on. You can also get a 2" lift with some IronMan leaf springs.
I never said they did, people add billies in front, adjust to 1.75 and thats it to level their trucks. I'm doing a 1'' spacer (2'' of lift) in front to level my truck. Was just concerned with the rear and not wanting to have any lean since I only have the standard 3 leaf pack.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #6

usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
It will probably will be a little high in the front, but only barley. If you do blocks or an AAL you will get some of your rake restored and it wont be really nose up when you have a load in the bed.
thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
With 5100's at 1.75 and TSB (4 leaf pack), truck should be about level. If you are setting the front to 2" it may be a little higher up front

Seem like you don't have TSB leafs, so with a 3 leaf pack you will be definitelly nose high.

You need an aal or get TSB leafs if you are eligible, or a new leaf pack etc.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
I never said they did, people add billies in front, adjust to 1.75 and thats it to level their trucks. I'm doing a 1'' spacer (2'' of lift) in front to level my truck. Was just concerned with the rear and not wanting to have any lean since I only have the standard 3 leaf pack.
If you are adding a spacer, you may as well get the billies. Only reason I say that is it is the same procedure to add a spacer as it is billies.

If you want to level out the back, go with wheelers aal or something similar. You can also order the dakars and remove the overload leaf. I know people do that for less of a lift.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #9
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
If you are adding a spacer, you may as well get the billies. Only reason I say that is it is the same procedure to add a spacer as it is billies.

If you want to level out the back, go with wheelers aal or something similar. You can also order the dakars and remove the overload leaf. I know people do that for less of a lift.
^X2 and a 1.5" aal or progressive pack for the rear. I would go with the 5100's for the front set at 1.75. You will get a much better ride and bang for your buck.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Just to give you an idea. I also have an access cab with billies set at 2.5" in front with 1.5" AAL in rear and that pretty much leveled me out. So I guess that would mean if I had the front set at 1.75" with no rear AAL that would be about .75" higher in the front.