Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chrome grill overlay, paint or chrome grill?

Old 02-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Old dog w/ Toy
slicked1 is on a distinguished road

slicked1's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome grill overlay, paint or chrome grill?

Anyone have a silver Sport with a chrome grill overlay? I'm trying to decide if I replace the color matching grill with a chrome one (like the SR5), paint the bottom end of the bumper silver or buy the overlay instead. There is just too much darn black plastic on the front. Looks cheap to me. Any pics would be great......
Attached Thumbnails
Chrome grill overlay, paint or chrome grill?-100_1784.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicked1 View Post
Anyone have a silver Sport with a chrome grill overlay? I'm trying to decide if I replace the color matching grill with a chrome one (like the SR5), paint the bottom end of the bumper silver or buy the overlay instead. There is just too much darn black plastic on the front. Looks cheap to me. Any pics would be great......

If you wish to swap I will send you my flawless chrome one for your color matched one.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Old dog w/ Toy
slicked1 is on a distinguished road

slicked1's Tacoma Gallery
Post a good pic of the entire front end. I'd like to see what your looks like. I might be interested......thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery

These are the two best shots of my front end currently.

PM if you wish to work out some logistics on this.

Frank
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Bill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the roughBill in Ky is a jewel in the rough

Bill in Ky's Tacoma Gallery
I put an overlay on my 08 when it was new, its held up great.
I still like chrome
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
REDLARIAT is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Ryan
REDLARIAT's Tacoma Gallery
Not silver, but here is mine and my dads MGM with the overlay.
Attached Thumbnails
Chrome grill overlay, paint or chrome grill?-404551_573287439367813_1394051693_n.jpg