Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4 LO ?

Old 02-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
4X4SUPERWHITE is on a distinguished road

4X4SUPERWHITE's Tacoma Gallery
L4 ?

My 2011 with 17K won't enage in L4, only in H4. Is this a common problem?? I have read the owner's manual. All I get is a four -wheel indicator flashes & buzzer sounds.I have used it before with no problems.
I wish my truck had the older style 4x4 shifter.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Did you put your truck in neutral before switching from 4H to 4L? You have to be nearly stopped and in neutral or it'll just flash and beep at you.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Did you put your truck in neutral before switch from 4H to 4L? You have be nearly stopped and in neutral or it'll just flash and beep at you.
This
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Did you put your truck in neutral before switch from 4H to 4L? You have be nearly stopped and in neutral or it'll just flash and beep at you.
Yes, its in neutral and not rolling. I have used it before.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4SUPERWHITE View Post
Yes, its in neutral and not rolling. I have used it before.
Well... any more info you can give us to work with? Sorry, haha it's just easy to start with the simple stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The clutch has to be depressed in the manuals too does it not ?
Old 02-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The clutch has to be depressed in the manuals too does it not ?
Yes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
Dewey7015 is on a distinguished road
Dewey7015's Tacoma Gallery
With mine, the clutch pedal has to be almost pushed through the floor.. Nothing like regular shifting..
Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
Yes
That's what I thought

There seems to be a lot of people who have had issues because the clutch pedal was not fully depressed
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I thought

There seems to be a lot of people who have had issues because the clutch pedal was not fully depressed
Yeah. Mines touchy enough that sometimes when I'm trying to start my truck the starter will stop from me letting the clutch pedal come up just a little.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
That's what I thought

I will remove the floor mat and try to see if that works. Thanks
Old 02-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #13

Quote:
any update ?
I removed the floor mat and it worked. I must have had the different floor mats when I used the 4L last time. Thanks for the clue.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Now trim the floor mat so it doesn't restrict the clutch pedal.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4SUPERWHITE View Post
I removed the floor mat and it worked. I must have had the different floor mats when I used the 4L last time. Thanks for the clue.