1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota Thermos (maybe made by Stanley?)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tex-Tac, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    Does anyone here have a "Thermos" that was purchased from an actual Toyota Dealership?
    I'm not talking about a 'coffee tumbler' with the Toyota name and emblem on it but an actual "Thermos" that used to be sold at the dealerships.
    This Thermos used to look almost exactly like the Stanley camping green with the silver top/cup.
    I remember I used to walk into this dealership to get parts and they had it displayed in the glass case with other accessories and inquired about the price, something like $75-$80 bucks for it!
    Anyway have been looking for that exact same one and no such luck!
    Already called the dealership and an individual remembered it but said that they had since stopped carrying it about two (maybe) three years ago.
    If there is anyone here that remembers it, or may even have one, please post a picture of it. Maybe you'll even know where I could get one as well?
    If this post is in the wrong section, moderator please move it to it's correct place.
    Thanks y'all! :D

2. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I got mine for free :D

I'll see if I can get a picture up later. You can go through my album. I may have uploaded one at some point. But I need to get back to school things and off of TW for now.

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Not the whole thing, but the top is silver. This it?

[​IMG]

4. Feb 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Here. I stopped and took this just for you :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. Feb 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    Tex-Tac

Tex-Tac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma V6 PreRunner SR5 Extended Double Cab Desert Sand Mica
    Installed Overhead Compass and Temperature Display along with outside temperature sensor and wiring; LED lights reverse backup; LED license plate lights; Added GTA Bluetooth Audio kit to stock radio for iphone audio; Spare tire steel braided air hose extension connection to rear bumper; Installed new headlights along with new bulbs PIAA H4 XTreme and for fog lights PIAA H10 XTreme bulbs. Installed new hood with "hood-scoop". Installed Predator Side Steps. Replaced front chrome grill with customized color matched (Desert Sand Mica) grill with added TOYOTA lettering (also in matched color), installed and secured tailgate anti-theft devices. Also installed a new external TPMS monitor for all 4 tires.
    That does resemble it some but as I remember it wasn't that fancy as the one your picture shows.
    Basically it look just like a basic Stanley thermos and, I believe, had the word Toyota on it.
    This one here that you show is nice though, and 'FREE'!
    Can't beat that!

Products Discussed in

To Top