Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Softopper ordered ... :woot:

Old 02-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Softopper ordered ... :woot:

I ordered directly from Softopper.com and got a good deal. I had been exchanging emails with a guy there for a day or two asking questions and also was comparing it to the Bestop. After reading pretty much every review on every truck site I decided on the Softopper. (Two different reviews had said the Bestopper hardware had rusted out at a couple joints after two years)

I also didn't want the side windows that the Bestop comes with as I've heard dealing with them when you take them off can be a hassle. He did tell me they use pretty much exactly the same material for the topper itself, the frame is different and he thought his was less hassle to collapse.

He ended up matching the cheapest price I found for a bestop at eTrailer.com and also included free shipping. That ended up being $90 off Softopper.com pricing w/ shipping. I didn't outright ask for a discount I just told him I wanted to buy the best quality but the $100 + price difference between his and Bestop was making it a tough choice

I'll post some pics up when I get it home and installed.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
rjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjsimz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Airframer
Name: Rob
rjsimz's Tacoma Gallery
how much did you get it for?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsimz View Post
how much did you get it for?
$547 with Free shipping. I also bought the $49.00 cover. It's listed as $629 on their site +$35 for shipping, so it would have been $665ish.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
Good Price! I love mine
Old 02-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
Recklessly tired

Softopper installed! Love it. Only had to have the wife hold 1 part while I snapped the back flap. Rest was very simple.