LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some people have no respect for other peoples vehicles !!!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #21
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
At least it isn't a parking garage. I live on the side of campus where majority of freshman live (I am a junior) and it is insane the amount of stupidity I see in there whenever I need to drive somewhere.

There is a lot of good, normal parking jobs, but on the other hand there are just as many over the line, crooked parkers, or people who somehow think it is a smart idea to hang 3 feet out of a parking spot when they have a football field of space left to pull more forward. On top of that you have the punk douchebags who think it is somehow "cool" to drive 30-40 mph through a parking garage, disregarding the fact that there are people walking in there (sometimes hard to see if they are around a corner to a down ramp, and not to mention plenty of people who don't care to much to look behind them when they back out. Literally a couple seconds after I backed into a nice "safe" spot yesterday, some asshole in a mustang nearly tore my front end off as he came around a corner, WAY to fast.

I can see it now. That dumbass red mustang flying through the parking garage at 40 mph, and all the sudden someone is trying to back out, and of course the mustang wont stop simply because they don't give a shit, and BAM, t-boned in a parking garage like an idiot.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #22
DueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
DueToThe802's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear. I hate parking near people. They tend to suck. Someone dented my bumper while not comprehending how parallel parking works. A truck backed into my Subaru, smashing their hitch through my front bumper years back. I now try to park by islands to protect a side, and at least far enough away from the door that there shouldn't be any cars around me when I get back to my truck. And im pretty sure I won't be parallel parking too often anymore. Why does it seem like I'm the only one who knows how?!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #24
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I find paint missing from my sliders, and bumpers all the time. Sucks to be them
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #25
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I park way out in every parking lot that I can. The only door ding that I have on my truck was from a fucking co-worker. Assholes are everywhere!!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Happened at the UCF parking lot. I usually try and park away from others especially when i see a bunch of old beat up cars i definitely try and stay away from them, or find or corner or something. My nerf bars didn't help at all which i'm not surprised since they don't stick out as far as sliders do.

Its a little to big for me to try and touch up so ill prob just see if i can get it professional done. Seems like the more i let my self get worked up over little things on the truck the more shit happens to it. Nothing i can do if there is a bunch of careless people out there.

Oh well, shit happens !

Still pissed though, i cant help myself from staring at it every time i go in and out of the truck.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #28
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I feel you, OP. I have a grey Tacoma and door dings are HIGHLY visible and unsightly. Both sides of my truck have white marks on the doors. It sucks because it seems like a few new ones show up each time I wash the truck.

I remember coming out to my truck one morning and seeing a nice white stripe across the front fender. Unbelievable.

I'm waiting for the day when I'm sitting in my truck and some fool opens his/her door into mine. Fury will be unleashed!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Anyway, I have a zero deductable. A company I once worked for originally purchased the insurance. I just picked it up after leaving (with the insurance company's knowledge), replacing vehicles covered as new vehicles came along. I've never had an accident of any kind (many years of driving), nor ever filed a claim such as this.
It's probably best to avoid involving insurance for a minor repair like this. The insurance company may subsequently remove your corporate discount and jack up your rates on top of that.

Have you looked at prices for a replacement chrome bumper on Partsgeek.com?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by veet skeet View Post
I hate the parking lot at my college. It's terrible. People are idiots and park way too close, park too crooked, drive way too fast, don't look and be careful when opening doors... I have had 3 door ding dents and 1 big visible dent on my bedside from here...
Sometimes when i'm walking through the parking lot either to class or leaving i see so much people that either are parking in all kind of weird angles or almost running in to each other in the parking lots causing potential accidents, and i just wonder how people get their licenses.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I had that happen to me last year, though mine wasn't as big.....I was pissed. I have a 2 way alarm system on my truck and it alerted me via my key-chain remote. started vibrating and beeping, I was taking a test. No one said anything to me about it, but if they did, i would have gone off about it since I had no control. I knew what time it was set off, and went checking for security cameras, but unfortunately couldn't find any.

I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that the guy had the crap scared out of him by my alarm...

OP, if you can help it, don't park near anyone (can't help in college parking lots at times) and if you cant do that, then make sure you don't park next to 2 door cars, their doors are longer and it is easier for people to hit you car with them
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I had that happen to me last year, though mine wasn't as big.....I was pissed. I have a 2 way alarm system on my truck and it alerted me via my key-chain remote. started vibrating and beeping, I was taking a test. No one said anything to me about it, but if they did, i would have gone off about it since I had no control. I knew what time it was set off, and went checking for security cameras, but unfortunately couldn't find any.

I at least have the satisfaction of knowing that the guy had the crap scared out of him by my alarm...

OP, if you can help it, don't park near anyone (can't help in college parking lots at times) and if you cant do that, then make sure you don't park next to 2 door cars, their doors are longer and it is easier for people to hit you car with them
good point with the 2 door cars.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with you guys. I always park as far away from everyone else as possible. Even if I park FAR away though no matter what a beater is always parked right next to me when I come out...

The best was when I let my aunt use my truck 1 day for work. (I had no choice really) she comes back with the truck and it has a big dent in the drivers side bed area!! F$%^
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Years ago (ok, not that many), a woman parked next to me in a beater van, and promptly opened her door (hard) into my door. I calmly walked over to her van, and kneed the side of said beater van. Most impressive results. Not proud of it, but it sure felt good at the time
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
OP youd be surprised how well sliders work to prevent door dings. I use sliders to put my shopping cart against sometimes too to load my AC.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #37
pm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant futurepm321 has a brilliant future
pm321's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've got a couple from the garages there as well. Careless drivers around that's for sure
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #38
DueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud ofDueToThe802 has much to be proud of

Name: Sean
DueToThe802's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
Years ago (ok, not that many), a woman parked next to me in a beater van, and promptly opened her door (hard) into my door. I calmly walked over to her van, and kneed the side of said beater van. Most impressive results. Not proud of it, but it sure felt good at the time
In front of her?!
Also, that would be very satisfying. I know who (ok 99%) put the dent in my bumper. Same person hit my piaa light.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #39
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
It's probably best to avoid involving insurance for a minor repair like this. The insurance company may subsequently remove your corporate discount and jack up your rates on top of that.

Have you looked at prices for a replacement chrome bumper on Partsgeek.com?
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I afraid of. Terrible to have insurance I'll likely never use, but I dread the possibility of even higher rates (for insurance I'll likely never use). Anyway, my thought at this point is to just wait until the problem is worse (rust, etc) and then deal with it. By then, I might be able to pick up a decent bumper at a junk yard or similar.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #40
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Exoskeleton