Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some people have no respect for other peoples vehicles !!!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #41
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJaikaran View Post
Sometimes when i'm walking through the parking lot either to class or leaving i see so much people that either are parking in all kind of weird angles or almost running in to each other in the parking lots causing potential accidents, and i just wonder how people get their licenses.
many (maybe most) of those driving have no place behind the wheel of a vehicle on public roads (or parking lots).

and respect in general is on the decline in America.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #42
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
If you are using your truck like a normal person does, there is no way to avoid this type of damage caused by careless people. Even with sliders or nerf bars, it's going to happen eventually. My advice is just accept it. I am not suggesting you stop caring about your truck, just consider this light stuff as normal wear & tear... that's life my friend. Repair it or not, that's up to you. Just don't spend too much time being angry about something you cannot change or avoid.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
If you are using your truck like a normal person does, there is no way to avoid this type of damage caused by careless people. Even with sliders or nerf bars, it's going to happen eventually. My advice is just accept it. I am not suggesting you stop caring about your truck, just consider this light stuff as normal wear & tear... that's life my friend. Repair it or not, that's up to you. Just don't spend too much time being angry about something you cannot change or avoid.
I had a 1994 BMW 540I up until 2011, It was immaculate with 130K miles... Park far away from everyone else and if possible and hugging the curb helped alot. This is 'merica, The average person is fat and lazy so they will open the door to where they don't have to squeeze out and will clutter up as close to the front as possible.

(how it looked when I sold it)

My X-Runner has 3 door dings, 2 were from the previous owner and the one that happened in my care was because I tried to be lazy and parked closer to the bars but as far as possible from the next parking space. which only was able to let the door pick up more speed before slamming into the truck.

I now park on the 4th or 5th story of a 6 story parking structure at $5 a day whenever I go to the bars if not on the street where I can see her the entire night.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #44
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Even with sliders, I find myself parking in the far corners of parking lots and always kiss the curb if possible. GF hates it...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #45
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
time for sliders...............people do suck

Ive seen 3 people smack their doors right into my sliders.....Ive been able to look over, laugh, and see their faces.

3 seconds with a rattle can and they look like new.
I like the sounds of that. Serves the dipshits right.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #46
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

door dings don't bother me on my vehicle....but i don't ever ding someone else's..

as others said, get sliders or nerf bars or some sort of protection then...
You are one of a kind. Most people in this country do not give a shit. My wife's new Hlander got a scratch and some red pain in the driver's side mirror.

Pisses me off that I would like to beat the shit of the idiot for not paying attention. In Europe, you can drive a piece of shit Yugo and park next to another POS Yugo and people will not ding your shit.

Only in America.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
Utard, did those asswipes apologize for hitting the sliders? I bet not!!!!

I might just add some to my taco for the hell of it!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #48
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

door dings don't bother me on my vehicle....but i don't ever ding someone else's..

Wouldn't bother me either if I drove a Heap.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #49
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested, my truck is only lifted 2" front 1" rear. Would sliders keep the door dings away? I didn't think they would because the longest part of the door is up higher.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #50
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
Utard, did those asswipes apologize for hitting the sliders? I bet not!!!!

I might just add some to my taco for the hell of it!
I am thinking I also might want some of these just for this reason. More than them being used as rock sliders. Just to make sure the inconsiderate morons get their doors dinged on my sliders.

I always make a point of being as careful as I can around other cars and have never hit one with my doors.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #51
KJaikaran will become famous soon enough
KJaikaran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by romafern View Post
You are one of a kind. Most people in this country do not give a shit. My wife's new Hlander got a scratch and some red pain in the driver's side mirror.

Pisses me off that I would like to beat the shit of the idiot for not paying attention. In Europe, you can drive a piece of shit Yugo and park next to another POS Yugo and people will not ding your shit.

Only in America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Wouldn't bother me either if I drove a Heap.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Maybe the ding isn't a big deal as i made it out to be at first, but im just one of those people that notice every minor detail i just like things to be spot on and the simple fact of the matter is that your careful around your own vehicle not to put a ding in it or scratch, but for someone else to do it really pisses me off.

If i were building my truck to go rock crawling or something I wouldn't care, but i'm not. Its my daily driver that i like to keep clean and sometimes take on the trail.